Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

91 Days until Opening Round.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Jezza wrote:^ The flag is being unfurled in our first home game against Sydney.
More pain for Taylor Adams if he make that Swans squad. Serves him right for leaving and I'm glad we turned him into Lachie Schultz
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
The Black and White Lion

Been watching the prelim highlights again. Steele Sidebottom saved the last goal attempt on the line from toby Green and kicked the winner in the GF! What a week!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The Black and White Lion wrote:Been watching the prelim highlights again. Steele Sidebottom saved the last goal attempt on the line from toby Green and kicked the winner in the GF! What a week!
He was one of our stars of the finals series. A true legend.
The Black and White Lion

The Collingwood Forever 2023 Premiership Hardcover Book got delivered to my door at 6pm. It looks magnificent!
BenBronx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by BenBronx »

About a fortnight ago I came across Abby Withington's vlog of the 2023 AFL Grand Final. Thought I'd share it here incase anybody else wanted to watch it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV8EvfPLS8A
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Have finally seen a few friends since the win.
One who talk footy 24/7. And about their clubs future, their clubs past, how they are the greatest club... when I saw them... nothing. Not one word about football.
I loved it.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

The Black and White Lion wrote:
Jezza wrote:^ The flag is being unfurled in our first home game against Sydney.
More pain for Taylor Adams if he make that Swans squad. Serves him right for leaving and I'm glad we turned him into Lachie Schultz
Didn't we turn Jack Ginnivan into Lachie Schultz?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

Nope - Schultz wont be the sub. We turned Adams into Schultz and Ginny into Lipinski / McRae / McInness / Frampton / Kruger / Johnson etc.

- Ben
aus50ford
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by aus50ford »

Presti35 wrote:Have finally seen a few friends since the win.

One who talk footy 24/7. And about their clubs future, their clubs past, how they are the greatest club... when I saw them... nothing. Not one word about football.

I loved it.
Same here, was the greatest day ever ....

Watched Kiss play before and the GF win,
Two co-workers who don't stop talking footy all year never said a word.
Couldn't even say one nice thing, some people are childish a-holes
I don't have a snappy catch phrase
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

^^^^

Yes that gets me. I don’t like it but I try very hard to congratulate others when their team wins the flag but I notice that some of these very same people have been quiet as a steamrolled lizard
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
BenBronx

Post by BenBronx »

Hadn't heard from a friend who barracks for the Cats since we won the Granny so I decided to message her last night and finally heard back...
Congrats on your win *vomit* hahaha. I will say Pies fans haven’t been as bad as Richmond fans. So I think I’d rather a Pie flag over a Tigers flag anyday.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Yup, it’s gloriously amazing. Like football doesn’t exist all of a sudden. You know why??? Cos outside of their pathetic clubs, their only other ‘enjoyment’ was watching Collingwood fail and taking mob-mentality pot shots at anything black and white. A Collingwood premiership has provided them with no ammunition to mask their own boring lives, and has exposed them for the sad people they are. This might sound harsh, but think about it. We’re all saying the same thing: we hear NOTHING AFL related re: 2023, nothing about the amazing feats of our premiership heroes (e.g. Crisp, JDG, Steele, Bobby, Naicos), nothing like the way people talk about other premiership teams’ feats. The way people replayed that Sheed goal weekly for 5 years. No one outside of a Collingwood fan posts the JDG and Steele goals, right? It’s us against them, always has be. They cried foul at that advantage call with 90 secs to go for a whole 24 hours, like we cared, like the umpiring atrocities of Collingwood Grand Finals past never happened, but once the dust settled, and the realisation finally set in that Collingwood actually are premiers, they’ve all crawled back to their hovels, where they belong.
Est. 2002
CPtechno12

Post by CPtechno12 »

Presti35 wrote:Have finally seen a few friends since the win.

I loved it.
Typical isn't it.
CPtechno12

Post by CPtechno12 »

Raw Hammer wrote:Yup, it’s gloriously amazing. Like football doesn’t exist all of a sudden. You know why??? Cos outside of their pathetic clubs, their only other ‘enjoyment’ was watching Collingwood fail and taking mob-mentality pot shots at anything black and white. A Collingwood premiership has provided them with no ammunition to mask their own boring lives, and has exposed them for the sad people they are. This might sound harsh, but think about it. We’re all saying the same thing: we hear NOTHING AFL related re: 2023, nothing about the amazing feats of our premiership heroes (e.g. Crisp, JDG, Steele, Bobby, Naicos), nothing like the way people talk about other premiership teams’ feats. The way people replayed that Sheed goal weekly for 5 years. No one outside of a Collingwood fan posts the JDG and Steele goals, right? It’s us against them, always has be. They cried foul at that advantage call with 90 secs to go for a whole 24 hours, like we cared, like the umpiring atrocities of Collingwood Grand Finals past never happened, but once the dust settled, and the realisation finally set in that Collingwood actually are premiers, they’ve all crawled back to their hovels, where they belong.
Flood BF with GIFs of De Goey's and Sidebottom's goals.