Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Thanks David. The faces on the people. It meant so much to everyone. It gets me every time.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

Yea, I watch it at least a few times a week and still brings a tear to my eye!

Great video!
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Still like to know where everyone sat for the grand final.
If you were at the MCG then what seats did you have.
Did anyone have standing room for the GF.
Where did you watch the GF.
Always like to know.
CPtechno12

Post by CPtechno12 »

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:^
On the couch.
Contemplated a standing room for PF/GF.
Watching footy is more exciting than watching soccer, but the atmosphere is a little different. I don't consider myself a hardcore fan (passionate I am) for either sport. I don't go to AFL games regularly. Having watched YouTube videos about ultras around the world leading into the finals last year, I wish the AFL allowed flares/etc, but it will never happen. There would be a meltdowns and media hysteria all round if there were flares out in the streets after games.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I know its was one of the hottest weather wise GF we have had but what was the weather like for the QF v Dees and PF vGWS as far as i can recall was both gressy weather and was more wetter v Dees and GWS wasnt as gressy.

Want to know what weather suits us.

Are we best for wet dry windy or no windy.

Also best at day or night.
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

^ with onballers like Pendles, Sidey, Nick and Josh, Jordan, Crispy WHE, Elliot Q & Johnny, we are good anywhere under any conditions . The GF proved that! Weather that should have suited them, we ran them to sheds ! Their kicking kept them in the game. GWS will be our biggest threat injury’s aside!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Our biggest threat will be ourselves if we have a premiership hangover and are not switched on right from the start of the season. If we are even a little bit off the pace, we’ll be in early trouble for sure. Must be hotter than 2023.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Woods

Post by Woods »

It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt (US President 1901-1909), ‘The Man in the Arena’ speech, Paris, 1910.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

I'm not in the video, but those emotions are identical to what I experienced on the siren.

Tears of joy and sheer happiness. A big weight had been lifted off our shoulders.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Are we ever going to see the goal line footage of that Naicos shot in the last quarter?

Honestly if that wasn't over the line prior to being touched it was so close it at the very least needed to be replayed by the broadcaster.

Would or should I say could still have been a goal to rival one of his dads best and yet we don't even get absolute clarification.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
aus50ford
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by aus50ford »

swoop42 wrote:^
Same with Siddie's goal ... surely there has to be other camera angles of this
I don't have a snappy catch phrase
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

I’ve said it before, I think the broadcaster (ch7) had an issue with receiving the live feed from the goal line.

I’ve watched the replay of the game around 15 times and I swear Nicks shot on goal looked to be touched over the line.
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

1eyedpie wrote:I’ve said it before, I think the broadcaster (ch7) had an issue with receiving the live feed from the goal line.

I’ve watched the replay of the game around 15 times and I swear Nicks shot on goal looked to be touched over the line.
The commentator (Brian Taylor) also had the same impression. He commented:"It's a brave umpire who doesn't look at that again".
Fortunately, this call had no bearing on the result!!
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

I must admit in the dying minutes of the game, I thought we just witnessed another Wayne Harmes moment when McCluggage kept the ball inside the boundary, then found Daniher.
I felt sick to the guts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJPE24N ... hannel=AFL
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by piffdog »

swoop42 wrote:Are we ever going to see the goal line footage of that Naicos shot in the last quarter?

Honestly if that wasn't over the line prior to being touched it was so close it at the very least needed to be replayed by the broadcaster.
Agree. Plenty of hoo-haa about the play on advantage call in the dying minutes, but not a peep from anyone about how close that Daicos kick was to being a goal. Agree with others, looked for sure like it was touched behind the line. And this after the fiasco in Adelaide, which lead to abut 80 reviews a game in the aftermath lest the League be made to look stupid agaiin.

Anyway - thankfully not an issue, but just imagine if it was!
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...