What made you sad today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Now Kangaroo Island FFS let alone the Victorian Alps: the sheer magnitdue is friggin' unbeliavable and terribly sad.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

Was planning a trip to the island, it looks like it will completely burn over, just horrific and Stui the looters are already at it, they can be thrown into the cauldron with the arsonists
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:Was planning a trip to the island, it looks like it will completely burn over, just horrific and Stui the looters are already at it, they can be thrown into the cauldron with the arsonists
You get any good stuff? :P :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Picked up the new car today - so sorry to say goodbye to the Subi been such a great car for such a long time - ah well I suppose
I will get used to an auto :(
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Morrigu wrote:Picked up the new car today - so sorry to say goodbye to the Subi been such a great car for such a long time - ah well I suppose
Nice, I had an immediate flashback of Alexei Sayle's 'Ullo John gotta new motor'. If someone could kindly put the youtube link up, it's a crack up.
watt price tully

Morrigu wrote:Picked up the new car today - so sorry to say goodbye to the Subi been such a great car for such a long time - ah well I suppose
Waddyaget?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Dark Beanie wrote:Here you go Bruce....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MqMZ6XqMfc
Thanks D.B.

…..# I keep topical fish
in me undapants.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

watt price tully wrote:
Waddyaget?
A Rav 4 GXL. I couldn’t start it this am had it in park pushed the button ( I want my key back) and nothing - tried a couple of times before it beeped at me and said put your foot on the brake :oops:

Sigh.........
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Redline is the same. Swapping between it and the crewman is like a dementia test.

The crewman needs a key, the redline is push button start.

The Redline has an electronic hand brake and the button is in exactly the same spot as the electric window button in the crewman. Don't know how many times I've put the window down in the crewman before trying to reverse out then realising the actual handbrake is still on. :oops:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Not keen on the push button handbrake, takes the fun out of turns
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

RIP Sir Roger. Sad to hear of his passing :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51084248
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
watt price tully

Jezza wrote:RIP Sir Roger. Sad to hear of his passing :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51084248
Did some good things (Czechoslovakia)

Some appalling shockers too (promoting smoking & failing to mention he was being paid by tobacco companies - as a philsopher he forgot about ethics and prmoting fox- hunting - definitley an ethics bypass)

Accepting an award from the fascist of Hungary their current leader Orban, belittles him.

Still sad for some & despite being a nasty little conservative his work against the Communist Czech's (cold war times) should not be underestimated.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Wouldn't know the bloke if he did a handstand in my cornflakes, but I'm no fan of foxes (or feral cats)
think positive

Post by think positive »

no idea either, but gees imagine living with that last name.