Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: Collingwood Father Son and NGA Radar

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Gee it will be a tough call on these kids, their opportunity is going to depend on who and how many get delisted. Unless we really want them that much, I feel right now they could be collateral damage of the continual dependence on the veterans and the seemingly large and high standard draft pool this year.

There's all the U18 rep team players in print and videos and in draft power rankings abound but Tadgh and LQ's names don't really register. If they have a chance it could come late in the draft or rookie draft and their chance has probably passed if our SSP continues with more mature players.
There's no guarantees for NGAs but Tadgh's probably had the better of the season out of him and LQ.
Then there's Isaiah Markovksy with Daicos genes, who would you take if you only have one choice?

As a second choice, I would like to see some of the NGAs move to our VFL team where they can continue to grow in a high performance environment. That's something I think our club and the AFL could do to progress NGAs in a meaningful way
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Jen2310 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:43 pm
Pies2016 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:39 am
Are you hearing anything about Collingwoods plans ( or not ) for selecting Tadgh McCarthy and / or Luke Quaynor as NGA prospects in the coming draft ?
Haven't heard. We'll know closer to the draft once it gets revealed who (if any) the club nominates as selections. None of the players will be high picks so very late or rookie possibilities.
Thanks Jen. It might yet be that the first indication of any serious interest, is if the club was to extend an invitation to them to attend the AFL Draft Combine later in the year. ( I guess that’s still the criteria for Combine invites )
Obviously any future involvement with the club would all sort itself out but clearly we won’t have to revolve any draft strategy around either of them.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by Jen2310 »

Pies2016 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:55 am
Thanks Jen. It might yet be that the first indication of any serious interest, is if the club was to extend an invitation to them to attend the AFL Draft Combine later in the year. ( I guess that’s still the criteria for Combine invites )
None of them are invited to the national combine. Luke Quaynor is the only one that has been invited to the state combine. Whether or not they add more before the time remains to be seen.
Jen2310

Post by Jen2310 »

The Black and White Lion wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:17 pm\
As a second choice, I would like to see some of the NGAs move to our VFL team where they can continue to grow in a high performance environment. That's something I think our club and the AFL could do to progress NGAs in a meaningful way
Yeah I think if we don't select any of our NGA prospects, we'll add them to our VFL list and see how they develop there. Like we had Ashwin and Voulanas on our VFL list last year (Ashwin continued to be on our list in 2024)

Would be beneficial to Kerr, given he is coming off an ACL, He'll start running in September-October.
Jen2310

Post by Jen2310 »

#7 Thomas McGuane
Midfielder | 177cm | 27/08/2007
Stats: 28 disposals, 6 marks, 3 inside 50s

McGuane turned in a prolific opening half where he seemed to be everywhere, linking Western’s play between the arcs.
The 2025 Collingwood father-son prospect was sharp by hand and clean at the contest, but also impressed with his running capacity and ability to chain possessions on the outside.
His teammates often looked for him to make the right decisions in attacking phases and distribute the ball efficiently. The going was tough after half time as Murray opened the floodgates.
https://central.rookieme.com/afl/2024/0 ... -round-18/
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Zac got a bio as well for Oakleigh

#60 Zac McCarthy
Key Forward/Ruck | 198cm | 27/10/2007
Stats: 11 disposals, 7 marks, 7 hitouts

Another Oakleigh tall who thrived aerially, McCarthy combined well with Richardson as a target forward of the ball, while also supporting Emmett in the ruck. The bottom-ager, who turned out alongside brother Tadhg, rose high for seven marks and took the ball nicely at the top of his reach.
He possesses raw athleticism and was unlucky not to hit the scoreboard with a snap in term two.
He and his elder sibling are both tied to Collingwood’s Next Generation Academy.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

some likely lads here then - good news
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Just to clarify, both Luke Quaynor and Tadgh McCarthy are NGA prospects and are eligible for the 2024 draft pool.
The following year and eligible for the 2025 draft pool, are Tom McGuane as a F / S prospect and Zac McCarthy as an NGA prospect.
Also interesting to note, while Tadgh is the older brother, Zac is currently around 7cm taller than Tadgh.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Jen2310

Post by Jen2310 »

Oscar Lonie playing his 2nd game for Dandenong this weekend.
He's also 2025 prospect.

Tadhg and Zac both selected for Oakleigh
Jen2310

Post by Jen2310 »

Other NGA's

U15 Eli Kravic plays in the U15 grand final this weekend for Kew Comets.
Has kicked 36 goals in 13 games.
Jen2310

Post by Jen2310 »

Eli Kravic lost his GF this afternoon. but he played well. Seemed to play mid and forward. He moves well for someone his age. Evades and does the do not argue around tackles. Can stand up in tackles, pushes his opponents off him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PpfRPuFqPc&t=5s
Jen2310

Post by Jen2310 »

NGA/FS Coates League.

Final round. Chargers wont play finals. But with the wildcard, Jets may? They are 10th.

McGuane - 24 disposals. 4 inside 50's, 2 tackles. 12 kicks. 12 handballs (even spread) Jets lost by 40
Tadhg McCarthy - 10 disposals, 7 marks
Zac McCarthy - 5 disposals, 3 marks, 7 hitouts
(Chargers won by 39)
Oscar Lonie- 8 disposals
(Stingrays won by 10)
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Re:

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Dark Beanie wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:40 pm Getting McGuane will depend on how much it will cost the club and if they view him as fitting into the team and game style we currrently have.

With clubs like St Kilda currently on a crusade against father/son picks and club academies (becasue they have been useless in both areas and need excuses for their mediocrity), the AFL could change the rules at any time.
Nice video analysis...
How good is Thomas McGuane?
https://youtu.be/8naYoBtNgDk?si=Elyg-Sv0meNFmUaKce
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Rocca boy babies

"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Post by BazBoy »

Sav 154 Games in Black & White
Ant 220 “—————“——————“
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right