What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Don't know if it's changed now, but a couple of years ago you were expected to report income online, but if you worked more than 30 hours then you couldn't report it online, you had to call them...

It'd be easier just to put in 29 hours every week...
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

So I get this letter about putting the incorrect things in the recycling bin.

Turns out the Neighbours from 2 doors down been putting stuff into our bins. Not really something to get peed off at. Except they put a bunch of crap in the recycling bin... WTF! And then they denied it when I showed them the letter...

However, I found the footage in the CCTV... which i also forwarded onto the council who sent me the letter.

I doubt I'll get any form of an apology.

Some of the stuff included old clothing, old pots and pans, and an old fire extinguisher.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

How could I forget the other thing.

Geez the Collingwood Shop are slow.

Almost 2 weeks and they haven't shipped my order yet.

People who say always buy from the shop are spot on, because we're gonna miss the date if they dont arrive tomorrow which seems unlikely as they have not been shipped.

And ten bucks postage too. :roll:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Presti35 wrote:So I get this letter about putting the incorrect things in the recycling bin.

Turns out the Neighbours from 2 doors down been putting stuff into our bins. Not really something to get peed off at. Except they put a bunch of crap in the recycling bin... WTF! And then they denied it when I showed them the letter...

However, I found the footage in the CCTV... which i also forwarded onto the council who sent me the letter.

I doubt I'll get any form of an apology.

Some of the stuff included old clothing, old pots and pans, and an old fire extinguisher.
That’s $@&^#, but I’d be in a world of pain if our council cared! Although not so much the recycling bin, but did dump some crap in the regular bin that shouldn’t have. But even if dumping in the recycling bin, I always make suede the top is legitimate so it’s only if someone actually goes through it.

But both here and my old place in Bendigo I have noticed the contents of the recycling bin ended up in my regular bin which I assumed was someone going through the recycling for cans and bottles.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Couple of things I'd like to add to my list.

1. Already mentioned but worth a retake, nimrods who drive at 80kmh in a 100kmh zone. Take the handbrake off you Fwit or hand your licence back.

2. Breakfast places who can't get their timing right when delivering Coffee and food. Coffee should arrive shortly before the food. Shortly. Not half an hour before and certainly not after you've finished eating the food. It's not fkn hard.

3. Toyota Corolla Hybrid hatch. To be fair, it has nothing to do with it being a Hybrid and everthing about the designing. The C pillars are so fkn fat you can't see shit when trying to reverse out of a parking spot, you have to twist your head and stretch your neck like fkn Plastic Man to vainly try to get a glimpse of what might be coming to hit you. The reversing camera is shite, the wireless phone charger doesn't work, the USB phone charger is on the passenger side under and next to the glove box (I had to google it to find it) and the Android Auto doesn't work. The seat doesn't go up and down, I felt like I was sitting on the floor. Lucky I'm taller than average but still, getting out is like getting out of a bathtub. On the positives, it has surprising pickup for a little shitbox, goes from 80 to 120 in nothing flat and does have very good legroom for the driver, but if you gave me one and I wasn't allowed to sell it, I'd cut the roof off, fill it with dirt and put plants in it.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

This fkn weather. :evil:

Seriously, bring on global warming FFS. I went for a 5km walk yesterday morning, it was -1.9c. Today we got to a lofty top temp of 9.2c.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Perfomance reviews.

I have worked mostly for NFPs/charities and haven't had to many formal reviews. Everyone was too busy working their arses off to keep the operation afloat. At one place we didn't have pay raises for 5 years as they were so skint.

The company I now work for was sold early this year to a group that is based in Sydney and primarily in the recruitment & HR field.

Now we have to do self-assessments (naval gazing) and formal reviews including goal setting.
Had to sit through a HR workshop a week ago about giving/receiving feedback which had so many buzz words and gobbledegook. When HR started talking about Radical Candor theory I tuned out.

I work as a casual in accounts. Reasonably basic stuff, not rocket science.
Don't see much value in half the things listed that I have discuss in the review but I have been told that I have to do it or no pay rise.

Honestly I would rather sit in the Carlton cheer squad for an afternoon than this crap.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't miss that crap.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

How did you work in HR and keep a straight face?

Seriously, everything is made so complicated.

One of my sisters, when asked where she wanted to be in 12 months, wanted to put down 'At a vineyard in Tuscany enjoying lunch & wine'. Thought better of it though
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Keeping a straight face got harder the older I got as I saw other Snr HR people get all swept up in theory that they didn't practice. Some people seriously go OTT with that shit.

In principle it's a good thing that you and your boss have a clear shared understanding of what you're supposed to be doing, in practice many organisations totally over complicate it and get all cultish about it.

Toward the end I was losing the capacity to even feign interest. When I was at RMIT for what was supposed to be 4 weeks and turned into 2 years, I had to go into this clunky online portal to put in my KPI's, performance expectations etc, I just put in one. "Get shit done". I never had a performance review meeting. :wink: :lol:

Ironically, in my last job, I had to configure a new online portal the organisation had commissioned to, you guessed it, manage the annual performace appraisal process. It was actually fun, learning how to use it, frequent video meetings with the software team in Frisco, and figuring out how to adapt how the application worked to what we wanted, but the irony wasn';t lost on me.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Re: What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Post by think positive »

Found one of my chooks crook last weekend, with an egg sack hanging out her vent. I cleaned her up, checked back a bit later, she was hiding under a bush. She had a prolapsed vent, no fixing it, I did the deed, as I know I’m quick and she wouldn’t suffer any more. Which left one chicken. Gave her to an amazing friend of juniors, she was getting picked on so they moved her in with the silkies, now she’s queen bee. No more chooks for me, too much mess, but I bought eggs yesterday, **** me they are expensive now!
Last edited by think positive on Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Re:

Post by think positive »

Dark Beanie wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:41 pm How did you work in HR and keep a straight face?

Seriously, everything is made so complicated.

One of my sisters, when asked where she wanted to be in 12 months, wanted to put down 'At a vineyard in Tuscany enjoying lunch & wine'. Thought better of it though
That’s funny!!!! Love it!
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

I went to the club shop today to pick up the Victory Pack as I had a voucher, got there and discovered the voucher was for online only...

But still I bought it and what really pissed me off? I got home tonight and it's damn $20 cheaper online today...
think positive

Post by think positive »

Dog attacks.
The Sunbury morons should have to pay all hospital bills, including plastic surgery and counselling to both victims. They should be charged with animal abuse along with anything else. The dogs will die now, as they should, because they were not trained or secured. Listening to the locals the council should also have to answer for it.

The guy who threw the coffee at the baby, put him in general pop, and let him get his own medicine.

Anyone with a fricken knife on the street! Lock em up with bread and water.

The state government for not changing tobacco licensing laws, for not remanding little selfish arseholes, for not charging their parents for their accomodation. What iswrong with these dickheads?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^
Some people shouldn't be allowed to own dogs or have children.

All the Tobacco wars is the fault of the Federal Government using the advice of the health wowsers as an excuse to tax cigarettes out of reach. A packet of 20 black market cigarettes cost me $18, the same at a supermarket is over $50. Prohibition by taxation created the black market and, as history shows, people fill the void.