#22 Steele Sidebottom

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

There is no way he could been playing against WC this week. It was stated very clearly that state quarantine rules would make it impossable. . He would have to quarantine 14 days in Qld and 7 days in WA, total of three weeks, no matter which state he went to first. His only chance would be a second final, depending on when the AFL schedules it. It was a lost cause and both the club and player decided not to waste anyone’s time.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

I thank the club for supporting the Sidebottom decision to stay in Victoria. As a first-time parent, it is essential for both the baby, the mother and the father to spend time together in close proximity to one another and not be rushed from one state to another.

Our players, their partners and their children are not our chattels and the welfare needs of our players extend to those in their care and responsibility. Whilst Sidebottom will be missed on the field, I think that the club and his teammates will reap a solid dividend in 2021 when he returns to the fold absolutely content in the knowledge that the club supported him through such an important time for he, his partner and his child.

What inspires me about our club is the investment we make in others (the number of 'Magpie Nests' for the homeless around Melbourne, the Christmas lunches at our training base for the needy, the support of current and former players and so forth).

There are 18 AFL clubs, but I support one that really endeavours to support 'the Aussie Battlers'- We were founded in a pub to give working-class citizens of Collingwood and Abbotsford their own team to support. As a working class person, this is why I am proud to call myself a fan of the Magpies.

Floreat Pica

Floreat Pica
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

warburton lad wrote:I thank the club for supporting the Sidebottom decision to stay in Victoria. As a first-time parent, it is essential for both the baby, the mother and the father to spend time together in close proximity to one another and not be rushed from one state to another.

Our players, their partners and their children are not our chattels and the welfare needs of our players extend to those in their care and responsibility. Whilst Sidebottom will be missed on the field, I think that the club and his teammates will reap a solid dividend in 2021 when he returns to the fold absolutely content in the knowledge that the club supported him through such an important time for he, his partner and his child.

What inspires me about our club is the investment we make in others (the number of 'Magpie Nests' for the homeless around Melbourne, the Christmas lunches at our training base for the needy, the support of current and former players and so forth).

There are 18 AFL clubs, but I support one that really endeavours to support 'the Aussie Battlers'- We were founded in a pub to give working-class citizens of Collingwood and Abbotsford their own team to support. As a working class person, this is why I am proud to call myself a fan of the Magpies.

Floreat Pica

Floreat Pica
Wasn’t it their 2nd child? Pretty sure he wasn’t involved
in the actual delivery, just waited in the waiting room.
Josh Bruce’s wife just had a child. Anotherone
who chose to play finals
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

scoobydoo wrote:...
Josh Bruce’s wife just had a child. Another one
who chose to play finals
Often the father's presence stresses the mother giving birth more than if he were somewhere else.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

scoobydoo wrote:
warburton lad wrote:I thank the club for supporting the Sidebottom decision to stay in Victoria. As a first-time parent, it is essential for both the baby, the mother and the father to spend time together in close proximity to one another and not be rushed from one state to another.

Floreat Pica

Floreat Pica
Josh Bruce’s wife just had a child. Anotherone
who chose to play finals

Yep, exactly, and i see Ablett is now back and he had a pretty sick kid. Sidey did not have to subject the baby to interstate travel, could have come on his own as other players have who have had babies. He gets 8K a week for Chrissakes far more than any ordinary person on paternity leave. Oh well we lose by under a goal to the Weagles i hope hes proud of himself. :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Just remembered the time S. Higgins was concussed playing for WB and was taken to the same hospital where his wife was in labour. 8)
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Was it Sav against us or Anthony that rushed from the hospital to a game?
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

That was Sav. You have a great memory.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

Floreat Pica

Floreat Pica
Brilliantly and eloquently put Lad! I salute you good man!
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

K wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:...
Josh Bruce’s wife just had a child. Another one
who chose to play finals
Often the father's presence stresses the mother giving birth more than if he were somewhere else.
yes, first birth i wasnt sure if i was in labour, and hubby said "the guys at work said you will KNOW when your in labour!" and then in the carpark at the hospital while bent over in a contraction, he told me to shush as there were other people there, he then proceeded to fall asleep for most of it! Thank God for the nurse in the shower with me. 2nd birth I just told him to get comfortable on the bed!! my fault for having babies at night I guess!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

doriswilgus wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

think positive wrote:
K wrote: Often the father's presence stresses the mother giving birth more than if he were somewhere else.
yes, first birth i wasnt sure if i was in labour, and hubby said "the guys at work said you will KNOW when your in labour!" and then in the carpark at the hospital while bent over in a contraction, he told me to shush as there were other people there, he then proceeded to fall asleep for most of it! Thank God for the nurse in the shower with me. 2nd birth I just told him to get comfortable on the bed!! my fault for having babies at night I guess!!
I wonder if that says more about some fathers. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

I personally believe Steelo checked out for the season once he left the hub. most likely straight on to the froffies once home like any country bloke.

Crazy little campaigner!
think positive

Post by think positive »

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
K wrote: Often the father's presence stresses the mother giving birth more than if he were somewhere else.
I wonder if that says more about some fathers. :lol:
yes a certain lack of empathy for the pain of mothers!! which is why I go to the dentist on my own, but when he goes I go too! lucky for me im pretty self sufficient!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

For a player half of Nicksters think is useless and want to trade, we’re up to 18 pages of how he should be playing this week. ;)