What did you find odd today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Black_White

Post by Black_White »

rambopriscilla wrote:^^ If you were a haemorrhoid I wouldn't particularly like to see that head of yours poking out of my arse.
You just know he is going to photoshop that.............
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

haha, very good
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

this morning, an accident near where i lived. pedestrian hit by car. civilian used initiative and started being a traffic cop at the intersection. police finally arrived, investigated the incident, all the while leaving this chap to continue to redirect traffic. did a very good job too.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

hahaha
Piethagoras' Theorem

Been feeling odd since Wenesday due to medication which is helping me quit smoking. Tired, depressed etc.. After numerous attempts in 15 yrs to give up, I can live with those side effects. Better than not living without them. Hearing yourself wheeze to sleep is a sure sign that it's time, not to mention the incessant coughing. Evil drug that nicotine
Piethagoras' Theorem

That's good to know. Wednesday, I up the dose and hopefully have my last cigarette (you're supposed to keep smoking for 1st week) so I'm a little nervous as to how I'll go with the double dose plus no nicotine. Should be interesting, from past experince I'm usually a pretty intolerable person to deal with when deprived of nicotine.

Without being too alarmist I've read reports of people committing suicide although a link has not been clearly established. Nicotine withdrawal may well have played a big role with someone already suffering depression. Regardless, I'm fairly certain I'm not in that boat.

Was she on 'Champix' or 'Zyban'? Zyban is actually an anti depressant, which worked well but unfortunately after a month using it, I had an allergic reaction. Didn't take long before took up the habit again and I thought all hope was lost until this new stuff came out. Tried the patches, chewies and lozenges, all to no avail.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Hmmm Tired, depressed, grumpy, happy one minute, not sure whether you want to punch a wall or walk out in the street and start shooting people the next.

Standard week. You reckon it would get worse if I tried to quit smoking again?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Piethagoras' Theorem

yeh, I broke out in hives and a friend who was also on them did too. You should let her know about this new stuff, 'Champix'. It's a completely different medication to Zyban and seems to have less harsher side effects. After 4 days I still have the urge to smoke but find that when I do light up, I'm not enjoying them as much and often butt out half way through, so that's a good sign. Side effects so far have been, feeling tired and very sooky.

check out the link if you're interested. You too, stui :wink:

http://www.pfizer.com.au/Media/KickTheHabit.aspx
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

My brother is in the Navy, and they paid for him to stop smoking.... :)

Him and his fiancee' went on Zyban..

Abbey got a reaction, and was taken off them.. Brendan stayed on them, and eventually got over it.. Abbey just had to go cold turkey, which was really cruel on Brendan's behalf, because he had it easy haha!

They have now been nicotine-free since Anzac Day :D

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~Alyssa's Song Of The Moment~*
I See You - Luke Bryan

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

Only one way to stop smoking and have it stick.
Cold Turkey.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Today was the 4th anniversary of my Dad dieing. I've been in a $@&^# up mood all day. Tie a metronome to my mood swings and plug it into an amp and you'd have ravers capping themselves with confusion. :? :x :evil: :(

And i've tried cold turkey, but even if you can wrap it in the paper, it's a bitch to light. (see what I mean about the mood swings :oops: )
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

i tried patches 5 1/2 years ago as part of the 'quit' programme in nz and because no on one explained that the doses reduced over time i couldn't work out why they would work. so, i stopped using them and haven't smoked a cig since.

hope it works out franki, you'll feel better for it eventually.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
EBB

Post by EBB »

My Doctor offered to put me on Champix, but if I can't mentally quit and a drug can do it for me, then I'd be concerned about this "wonder" drug. I smoke American Spirit 100% additive free natural tobacco. A pack of 20 will cost $10.25 at selective tobacco retail'ers. Withdrawal is easier but much more pleasurable to smoke..
understanding stuff, with endeavour to overstand..
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What brand?