Nicks BB player sponsorship 2009

This forum is for news & views about Nick's Bulletin Board sponsored player Remember that this is 'our' player so we want to keep all posts positive and encouraging.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Bit late, the decision has been made to go with a player of the future, as we have most years. Personally, I'm happy with the symbolism.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dragme
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Dragme »

^

It's never too late Stui.

In 2 days we have enough money for a "player of the future".

In another 2 days who knows what we will achieve. Why should 2009 be like most other years?

I am willing to put in more if it is required.

Lets make a statement.

The media read this site. They use it for fodder. Lets stick it to them.

Didak or Shaw for me.
Born, Live and Die a Magpie
pica

Post by pica »

Agreed Dragme. Nothing to stop us sponsoring more than one player if the interest is there.
Might give MargOz a few palpitations though :wink:
GO PIES
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

Hi guys, we have been able to raise the money required quickly this year which is fantastic. Having said that, we have had a few problems in the past with people making pledges and then not following through with payment, so I don't get too excited until we've made full payment! The majority of contributers are fantastic BUT there were a couple of years where I (and other organisers) had to top the money up at the last minute! That's where the heart palpitations come into it!!!!

The last two years we did end up with just over the amount needed, and I used that money to buy some extra CFC prizes to raffle between all those who contributed, which I will do again this year if we do end up over the amount required.

It's also been brilliant to see some newcomers joining in with the sponsorship this year (thanks guys!) but a lot of the time it's the old NBB faithfuls who keep joining in the sponsorship and parting with their hard earned money (thanks again guys!!!). I don't think it's fair to try and squeeze even more money out of those contributors!

Plus we had a pretty strong consensus to stick with a young up-and-coming player this season. There's certainly nothing stopping us considering a higher category player for next year - again we will go with the forum consensus.

Love the sentiment Dragme (gotta say I'm a huge fan of Dids!) but unless we miraculously get another $700 or so over the next two days to jump up to the higher categories, or an extra $2000 to sponsor a second player, then I think we'll stick with our current plans!

GO PIES! :)
molloymagic

Post by molloymagic »

who are we sponsoring this year? i'm interested in putting in again, same amount as last year
Jarrod Molloy
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Hi Marg

Please put me down for same as last year

Cheers
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

NBB PLAYER SPONSORSHIP 2009 - UPDATE:

Hi Everyone,

Just an update to say that it looks like we are sponsoring BRENT MACAFFER in season 2009. Here's to us hopefully uncovering a future Collingwood champion!

As soon as I have confirmation back from The Club I will post updated details here including the official raffle prizes for this year - and also a reminder for those still to contribute the amount they pledged.

Thanks again to everyone who has pledged and already contributed.

Certificates will be mailed shortly.

Marg
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Ill put the money in asap marg.