What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

i watched annie hall yesterday. i have actually never seen any of woodie allens earlier work, i've only read one of his old books which i found hilarious and i like some of his newer movies (not match point).

annie hall was great, so many great lines, very funny.. and kind of a sad romantic movie as well which i liked. looking forward to watching manhattan next, from what ive read it may be his best work.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Annie Hall and Manhattan are probably his two best films, I reckon. They're different though - Manhattan's a bit less of an overt comedy, I'd say (although it still has some great lines).

I also loved Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson, Rebecca Hall... how could anyone not? :mrgreen:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

yeh i watched it in the cinema so of course all the hot scenes were cut out.

i should download it and watch it again.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Can you speak any foreign languages? How was it in the cinema the hot scenes were cut out?
Chinaman John M

Post by Chinaman John M »

Paranormal Activity - Crap
Someone once called me Bastard, I replied "Yes but that was just an accident of birth, with most others its their own choice"
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

David wrote:Annie Hall and Manhattan are probably his two best films, I reckon. They're different though - Manhattan's a bit less of an overt comedy, I'd say (although it still has some great lines).

I also loved Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson, Rebecca Hall... how could anyone not? :mrgreen:
:drools: mmm, YEAH! What was the movie about again? :)
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
David

Post by David »

Basically, it's an involving and complicated plot about Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansson making out. :mrgreen:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Piethagoras' Theorem

I've seen it, David. I'd describe it as Bold and the Beautiful meets Salvador Dali meets Fatal Attraction :)
OEP

Post by OEP »

frankiboy wrote:I've seen it, David. I'd describe it as Bold and the Beautiful meets Salvador Dali meets Fatal Attraction :)
Okay I've officially now become interested in this movie :lol:
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
Piethagoras' Theorem

It certainly beats Godzilla meets King Kong. And only a little less grappling :)
OEP

Post by OEP »

Just got The Boondock Saints on Blu-ray - forgot how much I loved this movie. William Dafoe's role as the slightly bent cop (and I don't mean being on the take) is one of absolute genius.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
rambopriscilla

Post by rambopriscilla »

OEP wrote:
frankiboy wrote:I've seen it, David. I'd describe it as Bold and the Beautiful meets Salvador Dali meets Fatal Attraction :)
Okay I've officially now become interested in this movie :lol:
You had me at
Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansson making out.
- "Number 42? I see you've got Darren Millane in the Heaven footy side"

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
David

Post by David »

OEP wrote:William Dafoe's role as the slightly bent cop (and I don't mean being on the take) is one of absolute genius.
Dafoe is brilliant. I've only seen two films that he's in, but he's great in both of them, and they're both insane: The Last Temptation of Christ and Antichrist.
mandy

Post by mandy »

Was babysitting tonight and was bored when the kids went to bed so flicked though the Foxtel movie channels. First up watched Chopper again. Great movie and always a favourite to watch again and again. So far, so good....

Then watched a movie called "All The Boys Love Mandy Lane". I was thinking it sounded a bit like Mandy Jane so might be a nice movie where I could pretend all the boys loved me! How wrong I was..... Possibly the worst and most confusing teen slasher movie I've ever seen.

Do yourselves a favour people. NEVER watch that crap.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

I have read 2 reviews on Antichrist - one gave it 5 stars (Empire magazine), the other gave it no stars (Herald Sun).

Which is it?