Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

lets hope we come out firing and honour JMAC with a great performance
Mountains Magpie

Post by Mountains Magpie »

Whilst there will be a dark cloud over the remainder of proceedings for 2012, let's hope our boys can honour John's memory with a rousing win this Saturday night.

Just very sad news.

MM
Spiral progress, unstoppable,
exhausted sources replaced by perversion
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

GreekLunatic wrote:lets hope we come out firing and honour JMAC with a great performance
I know many of our players were great friends with J Mac. This is obviously going to affect them greatly.
This really does put footy into perspective - there are more important things than a game. But lets hope the boys do put in big game for him. It will be emotional.
makri

Post by makri »

VicParkTragic wrote:Actually aknowledgement on the banner this week would not be over the top IMO.
Agreed
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

the fuzz wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:lets hope we come out firing and honour JMAC with a great performance
I know many of our players were great friends with J Mac. This is obviously going to affect them greatly.
This really does put footy into perspective - there are more important things than a game. But lets hope the boys do put in big game for him. It will be emotional.
Agreed. Our boys will be impacted and i'd expect a very flat performance from some of those close to him.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Magpies Nest

Post by Magpies Nest »

What a terrible tragedy - I always hoped he'd do well at Port after he left us. I feel a little ashamed now at the way I was carrying on at my TV on Friday night. So we may not be premiers. Who cares, we're alive. So saddened. RIP JMac, sincere condolences to his family and friends.
TK

Post by TK »

My son asked me yesterday who was John McCarthy now (No3) I said I thought it was not used this year and sadly it is not. R.I.P JMAC, you were a bloody honest footballer with no frills and spill. Condolences to your family and your friends at Port and Collingwood.
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the courage to do what is right in the face of it...."
piester

Post by piester »

Am with you Magpies Nest, a tragedy and puts things in complete perspective. Once a Collingwood player, always a Collingwood player. RIP John.
Is there any place you would rather be, than with me at the MCG?
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Tragic news for his family and friends and my condolences to them.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

burnsy17 wrote:
the fuzz wrote:
Agreed. Our boys will be impacted and i'd expect a very flat performance from some of those close to him.
Tend to disagree mate, sometimes a tragedy like this has the exact opposite effect and truly fires them up to play at their best level because a) They want to honour him the best way they can, and b) They realise that life can be cruelly very short so they need to make the most out of their limited opportunities..... :roll:
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

swoop42 wrote:Tragic news for his family and friends and my condolences to them.
+1 always had a high regard for J Mac absolutely shocked. It's been a bad year all round in loosing mates ........ :cry:
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Magpies Nest wrote:What a terrible tragedy - I always hoped he'd do well at Port after he left us. I feel a little ashamed now at the way I was carrying on at my TV on Friday night. So we may not be premiers. Who cares, we're alive. So saddened. RIP JMac, sincere condolences to his family and friends.
So True! :(
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators

Post by 5150 »

Tragic news for family, friends and PAFC.
makri

Post by makri »

I wouldn't mind seeing a small no. 3 (or 35, his Port number) somwhere on our jumpers for the rest fo the season.
TK

Post by TK »

makri wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a small no. 3 (or 35, his Port number) somwhere on our jumpers for the rest fo the season.

Would be a great idea
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the courage to do what is right in the face of it...."