The great big, consolidated Mitch Clark thread

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:Could be that losing Beams also hurts our chance of signing Clark. If we don't get a ready made replacement then we're a fair way off competing and that lessens our attraction to potential recruits.
Yep that's my logic currently. Other clubs are in finals etc so why come to the Pies when we have headed south this year?
Losing Beams will have an impact no doubt but not that big. We got through most of 2013 without him. I'm still tipping us to make finals next year with or without Beams.
yes, but in 2013 we had Swan in Brownlow form. This year Swan did SFA. Next year we lose Beams, and get a past-it Swan, meaning we go backwards quickly.
Est. 2002
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Raw Hammer wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote: Yep that's my logic currently. Other clubs are in finals etc so why come to the Pies when we have headed south this year?
Losing Beams will have an impact no doubt but not that big. We got through most of 2013 without him. I'm still tipping us to make finals next year with or without Beams.
yes, but in 2013 we had Swan in Brownlow form. This year Swan did SFA. Next year we lose Beams, and get a past-it Swan, meaning we go backwards quickly.
I agree with Rawhammer, that losing Beams will hurt us badly, unless we get a ready-made gun midfielder like Dangerfield or O'Meara in return. However, the more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to think we'll end up keeping him.
Ev5Magpies

Post by Ev5Magpies »

Barrett on the Sunday footy show said Clark likely to go to Geelong.
Ohhhh the premierships a cakewalk for the good old COLLINGWOOD
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Yep, the logic is compelling:

Big chance to play finals, out of the media spotlight in sleepy hollow, coastal life style, commuting distance to Melbourne. What's not to like?

Compare that to the Pies:

Struggling club, in the media spotlight 24/7, next door to Melbourne FC, inability of the club to keep a low profile, not likely to play a role in finals soon.

Don't get me wrong, I want Clark & I want us to be in the Finals soon. I hope Barrett is wrong & Clark comes to us.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Ev5Magpies wrote:Barrett on the Sunday footy show said Clark likely to go to Geelong.
Lol, see if Geelong can fabricate a way to snare all Frawley, Dangerfield, and Clark. That would give Eddie something to fume over...
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Well he has been Super Injury Prone and is not 100% Mentally Healthy
I am Da Man
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

I'll be very disappointed if he chooses to go somewhere else.

Assuming he is fit, he would have really added some power and grunt to our forward line.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Seems like he fails the no dickheads policy. I've been up and down on getting this bloke and if he's now wanting Geelong then he's Skating on thin 'ice'.

How many clubs can one player screw over before he's finished?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Still not convinced Clark is a required player.

I'd much rather Mitch Thorp. Physically and mentally fit, has played consistent football as well as coached a flag in the TSL.

Thorp can also play a variety of roles forward, back and midfield.
OEP

Post by OEP »

Dave The Man wrote:Well he has been Super Injury Prone and is not 100% Mentally Healthy
DTM having depression doesn't mean your not 100% mentally fit. The fact he's prepared to return to AFL means he's in a good place. Yes he may relapse but everyone, I mean everyone, can be bitten by the depression bug there are so many variants of the disorder.

I'm not having a crack at you Dave just wanting to make a polite point.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
OEP

Post by OEP »

A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times

Post by stui magpie »

Rick wrote:Still not convinced Clark is a required player.

I'd much rather Mitch Thorp. Physically and mentally fit, has played consistent football as well as coached a flag in the TSL.

Thorp can also play a variety of roles forward, back and midfield.
Could do worse than him, no doubt.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

The Age has said Clark has not made a decision, he toured Geelong today but it's between them and Collingwood.