The Malevolent Morrison Muppet Goverment

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Actors get a profile because they can act, not because they actually have any special knowledge. Being a celebrity doesn't make you smart, it just means you're a celebrity.

Teenagers................

Scientists, large pool there, many of them miss named. A paid academic researcher isn't the same as a scientist. I'm a fan of science, but I'm not someone who goes with the herd.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:Yeah, my personal policy is to treat the opinions of teenagers and actors with all the weight they deserve.

None.
nah, she's always called it like it is :) still does
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

If you start quoting Tom Cruise I'm calling for an intervention. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:^

If you start quoting Tom Cruise I'm calling for an intervention. :wink:
Bette Midler is better known to me as a singer / comedienne / raunchy funny woman / burlesque performer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rchiR93csY8
Last edited by watt price tully on Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
watt price tully

Friggin iPhone.....it couldn't possibly be the user :wink:
Last edited by watt price tully on Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:.......

Scientists, large pool there, many of them miss named. A paid academic researcher isn't the same as a scientist. I'm a fan of science, but I'm not someone who goes with the herd.
For a minute there I thought you were against the fossil fuel funded herd but no, not that herd.

Carry on. Normal transmission restored.
watt price tully

The world has made the link between coal, climate change and bushfires and Scotty from Marketing has helped damage Australia’s international reputation

https://www.theage.com.au/environment/c ... 53omu.html

Yep, looks like Bette’s view of Scotty is not just her view alone but shared by many including firefighters, people who have lost their homes and many in the international community.
watt price tully

watt price tully

A number of senior Labor party figures publicly slammed the video, with former prime minister Kevin Rudd saying the promo showed Mr Morrison no longer deserved to be in The Lodge.

"For God’s sake! On a day we have catastrophic fire conditions, in the midst of a genuine national crisis, Morrison, the marketing guy, does what? He releases a Liberal Party ad! He is no longer fit to hold the high office of prime minister," Mr Rudd

Neil James from the Australian Defence Association said the advertisement politicised the defence force.

"The intention of the ad (video), exemplified by its nature & the speed of its production, is a clear breach of the non-partisanship convention," he said.

"It is also completely unnecessary given the prior departmental and ministerial media releases publicly explaining ADF support to rural fire services," he said.

Steve Bracks, the former Labor premier of Victoria, said the video was as low as you could get in politics.

"Wow. It is hard to go much lower than advertisements spruiking the Federal Governments response in the middle of the Nations bushfire crisis," Mr Bracks said

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/fede ... 53ow7.html

Morrison needs to resign. Incompetent and a f*ckup.
Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

^ LOL coming from a narcissistic f**kwit like Rudd.

Rudd should go back to NYC and stay there.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
watt price tully

Jezza wrote:^ LOL coming from a narcissistic f**kwit like Rudd.

Rudd should go back to NYC and stay there.
Don't be silly, also came from Neil James my conservative friend (and almost anyone else who isn't right-wing bat shit crazy)

To be fair I added Neil James while you posted.

Scotty from marketing has utterly f*cked up here big time. The donations to the bush-fires were going straight to the Liberal party till it was picked up by those wanting to donate.

Trying to make political capital out of the bush fires is disgraceful and you shouldn't be supporting that by Morrison. Incompetent & inept
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Trying to make political capital out of the bushfires is open slather at the moment. It's disgraceful.

Morrison has successfully managed to tip a bucket of excrement on his own head at ever turn recently. The level of vitriol is undeserved but expected, that's not to say he hasn't been utterly tone deaf and screwed the pooch with how he's behaved.
watt price tully

”Distraught PM wondering if anyone will ask him how Hawaii was”

https://m.betootaadvocate.com/uncategor ... awaii-was/