Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Bring back Jacko Jackson and the Wizzard. Unmissable!
Get back on top.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Boy do I have some stories about Jacko’s “acting” on The Highwayman
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

get rid of that shit blonde died hair ginnivan best to play proper footy you played a hell of alot better with your other hair color thinking it was brown
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I'm not a fan of the new haircut, but you have to let people make their own mistakes in life I guess.

Also, good call on the Katter comparison. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

90 nice wrote:get rid of that shit blonde died hair ginnivan best to play proper footy you played a hell of alot better with your other hair color thinking it was brown
WTF has hair colour got to do with playing football dude?
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
E

Post by E »

BazBoy wrote:There’s no one hat fits all in humans

One can exude flamboyant character
Another can be more introverted

For the excercise let’s look at Ginnivan & Bianco & for our needs going fwd it’s the flamboyant one I think
in support of this, i would add that it is that little bit of arrogance in him that Collingwood teams have been lacking (needing) for years. we have always been so polite and respectful. and where has it gotten us.

Remember how arrogant Voss and the Scott brothers were. Remember how cocky Didak was! Dermie? Akermanis! Luke Hodge! What do they have in common (oh yeah, they won premierships)

Obviously you need to back it up, but i think you need it in a good team to begin with. I am feeling that the side shows much more camaraderie than they have in past years and they seem to like the fire in the belly and enthusiasm of Ginnivin and cockiness of De Goey (another who is a little flamboyant!).

Ginnivin needs his tough guy partner in McCreery by his side but i am seeing the makings of the personality of a team that could go places.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Ginnivan has just signed a two year deal along with Charlie Dean (till end 2024)
Begg signed a one yr deal
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

David wrote:I'm not a fan of the new haircut, but you have to let people make their own mistakes in life I guess.
To be honest it’s a bit arrogant to assume that it is a mistake to have coloured hair just because it doesn’t appeal to you. In my youth I played in a few bands and had various coloured hair including red, blue, green and burgundy. Funny enough the colour of my hair didn’t affect my guitar playing at all! My 25 year old son has a partly shaved haircut that looks bloody brilliant and I wish I could have it now but the amount of hair I have is less than his. I have a man crush on this Castlemaine kid who is set to have a Darren Millane like career at Collingwood and will thrill us over many years. Mark my words.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Bertha has got Hiss experimenting with hair dye to hide all the grey.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

I was thinking he resembles Essendon's Matt Guelfi from that Anzac game a few year's ago ;)
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

JG Antics

Post by masoncox »

When I first saw Jack G's dyed hair I thought with a hair style liked that then you better preform.
Out he comes yesterday and kicks 5 and hushes the crowd and quite clearly puts a target on his back
If you are going to walk the walk you better make sure you really are a star.
Now he was pick 13 in the rookie draft.
So he comes from a very humble position.
Someone nicked named him Gilligan from Gilligan's island.
If he is going to get on stage he better play the part of the Professor and not dim witted Gilligan
Time will tell whether his antics will woo the fans or he will be looked a fool.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

check out the set of pics i just put up, he aint no show pony!! hes the real deal!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

What we have is the type of player Collngwood fans will love and every other teams fans will hate
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum