#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

E

Post by E »

agree Jackass.

A midfield of Pendles, Swan, Sidey, Greenwood, Adams and Crisp as its core for now looks pretty good with the likes of DeGoey, Freeman, Kennedy and Broomhead to move in there as they get more ready (not sure if the other youth will also push into that group). Its not a bad group of 10 fellas and it should stack up pretty well against most midfields.

I will say though that Cotchin and Martin crushed us on Sunday in the middle getting the ball out of the middle virtually at will!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2 ... on-the-mcg

Great Shot on Goal by De Goey. Loved that he stepped in front of White. De Goey better Player and Kick then White.

Also Lovely Kick from Grundy
I am Da Man
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Dave The Man wrote:http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-05-17/de-goeys-first-goal-on-the-mcg

Great Shot on Goal by De Goey. Loved that he stepped in front of White. De Goey better Player and Kick then White.

Also Lovely Kick from Grundy
Thought it was Clokey but a good mark and conversion regardless. Shame he sprayed his other shot on goal after doing all the hard work and clearing congestion.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

De Goey Reminds me Nat Fyfe a bit

Post by Dave The Man »

Watching a Highlights of Fyfe on the Weekend running on a Tap from Saindlands and Full Pace. I thought De Goey has done that a few times for us

He be Fun to Watch when he gets use to the Pace of the AFL Game
I am Da Man
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

Dave, out of interest, do you suffer from premature adulation?
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

Only if they're under 21, show potential but aren't proven, aren't too experienced, and blondes / brunettes preferred
McRae for Governor-General!
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:Dave, out of interest, do you suffer from premature adulation?
If you read a certain thread over at VPT, you'd already know the answer to that question.
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
punkologist

Post by punkologist »

big call dave mate. I hope you're right though!
melliot

Post by melliot »

Dave, in all seriousness, he does to me. Not so much in the afl so far. But his game in Bendigo in the VFL that got him promoted to seniors had a lot of Fyfe traits.

But you have Grundy as your love. DeGoey is my favourite. Piss off. :)
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: De Goey Reminds me Nat Fyfe a bit

Post by Piesnchess »

Dave The Man wrote:Watching a Highlights of Fyfe on the Weekend running on a Tap from Saindlands and Full Pace. I thought De Goey has done that a few times for us

He be Fun to Watch when he gets use to the Pace of the AFL Game

I bloody well hope so dave, man, if hes like fyffe, we have a ripper on our hands. :shock: :lol:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

omg

Post by Hiss »

This post has to be the biggest load of crap on Nicks this year. Nat Fyfe is a Brownlow winner already. How could any person with football knowledge seriously compare him with our bloke. Only a fool would do that.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
TheJonesBoy

Post by TheJonesBoy »

Please. Let the kid get a kick first.
Scary thing is others agree......
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Re: omg

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Hiss wrote:This post has to be the biggest load of crap on Nicks this year. Nat Fyfe is a Brownlow winner already. How could any person with football knowledge seriously compare him with our bloke. Only a fool would do that.
You're not going to like this Hiss, but the person he reminds me of is Nathan Buckley. They have similar build and appearance and same fair complexion. He even got a hair cut during the week in the same short back and sides as Nathan. At this stage of his career De Goey is much more of an inside player as Buckley, but that's only because Buckley played his early career in the Northern Territory where the football was more open and played on the outside. Oh, and it's news to me Hiss that Fyfe is a Brownlow medal winner.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

When he was drafted he likened to Nat Fyfe. He said himself, that Fyfe was the type of player he modeled himself on. Remember this kid is just 19 yrs of age, and he already has a fantastic physique for a midfielder. In 2 years time he'll probably have 10 more kilos of solid muscle and be unstoppable.