Welcome to Collingwood Justin Leppitsch & Brendon Bolton

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Post by BazBoy »

Exactly. Leppa gave her wraps and purely as a person I don’t see coaching material

A female may well coach AFL but that’s off a ways
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Joel wrote:
90 nice wrote:News around that Daisy Pearce might be joining Collingwood part of coaching panel she is a great player in the aflw she played for the dees.
Pretty sure that's not correct.

Whoever is spreading that has probably misheard Leppa on the radio the other day. He said that he would love for her to come across to the Pies one day in a coaching position.

There was never a comment on it happening now.
Not sure she could even if she wanted given she's signed on at Melbourne for another year AFAIK.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Enright going to Saints - Kinda makes sense. I mean Leppa is taking the backline which Id have thought was Enright's specialty. Hopefully Tapping is still a chance.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I think there will be more coaches as when he chatted on 360 and was discussing Leppa and Bolton he mentioned “ Bolton will keep us straight and the other coaches that will come”
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I must say I was mightily impressed by McRae's interview with Gerard Whateley. He comes across as a thoroughly down to earth and decent bloke, but also very professional and switched on. Only time will tell, but fwiw (which is not much at all) I'm feeling very confident that we have recruited the right man for the job.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Culture is fundamental, but it needs to be built from the bottom up as much as from the top down. While coaches play an important part, it's just as, if not more important, for it to be driven by the players themselves. In 1990 we had players like Tony Shaw and Darren Millane driving a tough and competitive team culture and in 2010 team spirit was driven by the ratpack of Swanny, Daisy, Heater and Johnno and hard work and discipline by Maxwell. More than anything, we now need a new generation of player-leaders like JDG, Adams, Grundy, Moore and Crisp to take it upon themselves to drive a strengthened culture of mateship and fierce competitiveness.
Last edited by RudeBoy on Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

COLLINGWOOD is set to retain the coaching panel that landed the club a record equalling 16th premiership last month, with Scott Selwood the latest assistant coach to knock back a rival offer

* Justin Leppitsch chose not to accept a director of coaching offer from the Western Bulldogs

* Head of coaching Brendon Bolton and forwards coach Hayden Skipworth are expected to stay.

* Development coach Neville Jetta also signed a new contract recently and will remain at the club in 2024.

Highly-rated Pies assistant knocks back rivals' interest
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1055044/hig ... bane-lions
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Bewdy.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

If you told me 5 years ago that Leppitsch and Bolton would play a major role in assisting our next Premiership, I probably would've laughed at you. Their senior coaching record was a combined 133 games for just 30 wins :shock:
I realise there are many more factors to consider when judging a senior coach but I'm sure that would've been an asterisk on their cv. Well done to both!
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Talk to Justin Leppitsch about his career across the years
Includes strategies and the current Magpies team.

@30:30 Move on to Collingwood
@36:10 McStay/Mihocek forwards is a remarkable story
@39:20 Systems in place. Coaching evolves.
@49:50 Focus on Grand Final. Ginnivan going to races.
@44:40 Pendles' influence on the group/game.
@46:30 Taylor Adams moves on.

Wayne Carey and the Truth Hurts
https://youtu.be/g6kypiyga74?si=g9x8LxFRZMoG1aBv
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Welcome to Collingwood Justin Leppitsch & Brendon Bolton

Post by K »

"... Collingwood is planning for its off-field structure for 2025, with an upgraded list management position being mooted for ... Justin Leppitsch.

Leppitsch has taken on more list management responsibilities this season after football boss Graham Wright's venture overseas for the year.

The expanded role has seen the three-time Lions premiership star maintain his matchday coaching position and strategy role while also delving more into the Pies' list management.

Splitting Wright's duties has meant fellow assistant Brendon Bolton has taken more football manager responsibilities.

Doubt over Wright's return to Collingwood, and if so in what position, has been abound throughout the year as he embarked on his leave period of six months."

(Beverage & Twomey, afl.com.au)
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Welcome to Collingwood Justin Leppitsch & Brendon Bolton

Post by K »

Media reckon Bolton will prolly leave...

Media say Caracella will leave Essendon and two possible destinations are Richmond & Collingwood. Caracella gave Richmond their flag-winning game plan, but is he a one-trick pony? Didn't have much success at Essendon...