#1 Patrick Lipinski

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Jen Black heartWhite heart@Jen2310·1h

Western Bulldogs chief executive Ameet Bains is confident his club and Collingwood can agree on a trade involving Patrick Lipinski that’ll be “acceptable to both parties”, insisting there’s no bad blood between the two teams.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Podpicken wrote:Almost vomited my coffee all over my laptop. Finn goes nowhere, gonna be a star.
I'm not saying we agree to it, I'm saying the Dogs may well ask.
well thats a big fat NO!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

The only question is who we agree to trade and who we walk to the PSD - Krueger or Lipinski. Either Geelong or Footscray are going to get nothing so the pressure is on them to get a deal done.

Looking at recent history, Treloar notwithstanding I would say Geelong have a better trade record

Any deal with the Dogs should involve them admitting what they’re really paying Treloar :D
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Patrick Lipinski update

Post by inxs88 »

https://www.afl.com.au/news/683040/get- ... it-enough-

Great to see Graham Wright low-ball the Dogs on Lipinski with pick 58 offered. Excellent stuff.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Don't think pick 58 is close to what the Bulldogs want. Think it will be a pick in the forties.
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:Don't think pick 58 is close to what the Bulldogs want. Think it will be a pick in the forties.
Yep but the unrealistic ambit ask by Wright says basically "don't even ask or consider pick 22"!!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:Don't think pick 58 is close to what the Bulldogs want. Think it will be a pick in the forties.
Agree - They want more then 58 as he probably have more value then Kreuger
I am Da Man
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

Dave The Man wrote:
Kreuger went for pick 80 (ie. sum of giving pick 41 and getting pick 55 back) so pick 58 is a superior offer
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

He’s basically saying, take it or we walk him to the PSD and you get nothing.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I still like the idea of this trade getting done ( albeit weighted in our favour ) and then having the PSD up our sleeve for something either planned or coming from the clouds late in conversations.
Pick 58 is 170 points and worth little to the Dogs in scheme of the Darcy bid. We also won’t want to give up much more either, particularly if we have plans for our #22. It’s an interesting stand off and in this instance, it’s more about the value of the points to both clubs rather than the value of the player.

Thoughts on where the Daicos bid comes in ?
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Pies2016 wrote:I still like the idea of this trade getting done ( albeit weighted in our favour ) and then having the PSD up our sleeve for something either planned or coming from the clouds late in conversations.
Pick 58 is 170 points and worth little to the Dogs in scheme of the Darcy bid. We also won’t want to give up much more either, particularly if we have plans for our #22. It’s an interesting stand off and in this instance, it’s more about the value of the points to both clubs rather than the value of the player.

Thoughts on where the Daicos bid comes in ?
Pick 4.
1. North will take Horne Francis.
2. GWS having been given the pick by Collingwood it would be a machiavellian act to bid on Daicos (however, having said that they traded pick with us last year then bid on Reef forcing out hand).
3. Gold Coast - I am going with, the pick swaps indicate that there might be some good will there.
4. Adelaide - they will keep us honest. They bid on Ugle-Hagen last year.
Boogie Knights

Post by Boogie Knights »

^^^ As you've intimated previously Pies2016, and has been increasingly echoed in the media, JHF looks like being called at pick 1. Depending on whether GWS genuinely do like Darcy more than Daicos, and if they have any feeling of gratitude to us for giving them pick 2, the Daicos bis will either be 2 or 3.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

inxs88 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Kreuger went for pick 80 (ie. sum of giving pick 41 and getting pick 55 back) so pick 58 is a superior offer
Pick 41. - Pick 55. (412-207 = 205)
We gave up 205 points. Therefore, on a points basis, Kruger was traded for Pick 55.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Boogie Knights wrote:^^^ As you've intimated previously Pies2016, and has been increasingly echoed in the media, JHF looks like being called at pick 1. Depending on whether GWS genuinely do like Darcy more than Daicos, and if they have any feeling of gratitude to us for giving them pick 2, the Daicos bis will either be 2 or 3.
Clubs also identify kids who embrace the pressure of expectation versus those that don’t. I believe part of the reason in the Crows picking J U H first was to also take the pressure off Thilthorpe.
Horne - Francis seems happy to embrace the scrutiny and has put himself out there as wanting to be called out first. That’s fine and hopefully Kangas accept “ the challenge” . His SANFL prelim elevated his status and the timing couldn’t have been better for us either ( even though his previous month was nothing special ) I can’t stress enough how many more options would open up to us if the club already knows that Daicos will be called out at #2 or later.

Not sure about Magpie Russ having Daicos fall to four but time will tell. Recruiters take a lot of pride in their work and calling out Daicos as the fourth best U19 in the country wouldn’t sit well with the talent spotters involved, unless there’s something in it for those clubs who didn’t pick him ( and then there’s draft tampering which is another conversation )
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

Magpie Russ wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:Agree - They want more then 58 as he probably have more value then Kreuger
Pick 41. - Pick 55. (412-207 = 205)
We gave up 205 points. Therefore, on a points basis, Kruger was traded for Pick 55.
Don't think you're calculations or conclusions are accurate. It's a 14 position slide by the Pies not a trade for pick 55.