Farewell #19 Arlo Draper

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

You can speculate as much as you like, we don't know how players like Draper are going to go until they're subjected to match conditions of VFL/AFL football. They can look a million dollars on the training track and not perform at all on match day. You can also argue that in order to win games of AFL football you need to play your most experienced team, but the reality is we are nowhere near the performances of the teams above us. The only way our club is going to go forward as a team is by playing guys like Draper, who looks likes a big bodied mid to me with more pace than Lipinski. I'd be looking to playing him in the second half of the season with guys like Harrison, McMahon and Johnson, who all look like having the goods to play AFL footy, but don't quite have the preparation yet to play immediately.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Four&twenty

Post by Four&twenty »

Chris judd had dicky shoulder see how that turned out wasn’t picked at 1
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

THE SA DRAFT PROSPECT WITH “MERCURIAL-TYPE ABILITY”

Post by LaurieHolden »

Track watchers have reported that he's clearly put on some size after an AC injury limited his preperation since arriving.
Hopefully we'll him debut, could be a bolter in 2023. Can see him slotting into a HFF role.

Worth a read / re-cap ~

https://www.afl.com.au/news/686606/wher ... er-setback

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/10/26/ ... e-ability/
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

Not sure we can judge him on his first season. Missed most of pre-season.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Looks like 2023 shall be similarly compromised however if he can make it and add to a post Sidey, pendles midfield, it would be a huge coup.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:Not sure we can judge him on his first season. Missed most of pre-season.
Yeah, more unknowns than knowns at the moment. The proof will be in the pudding. A case of wait, watch and wonder about how he goes.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

inxs88 wrote:Looks like 2023 shall be similarly compromised however if he can make it and add to a post Sidey, pendles midfield, it would be a huge coup.
Why will 2023 be compromised?
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:Not sure we can judge him on his first season. Missed most of pre-season.
Yeah, more unknowns than knowns at the moment. The proof will be in the pudding. A case of wait, watch and wonder about how he goes.
No. It’s in the eating.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

Im excited for Draper. I've had a good feeling about him since being drafted.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Are these known unknowns or unknown unknowns? What does Rumsfeld think about how the lad will go? :wink:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:You can speculate as much as you like, we don't know how players like Draper are going to go until they're subjected to match conditions of VFL/AFL football. They can look a million dollars on the training track and not perform at all on match day. You can also argue that in order to win games of AFL football you need to play your most experienced team, but the reality is we are nowhere near the performances of the teams above us. The only way our club is going to go forward as a team is by playing guys like Draper, who looks likes a big bodied mid to me with more pace than Lipinski. I'd be looking to playing him in the second half of the season with guys like Harrison, McMahon and Johnson, who all look like having the goods to play AFL footy, but don't quite have the preparation yet to play immediately.
A succinct summary.
Given the prospect of having Draper, McInnes, Macrae, Allan, Harrison and Dean banging on the door of senior selection by the 2nd half, it'll ensure the VFL team is going to be a good to watch this season.
I'd expect the Nicks VFL Magpies sub to have plenty of stories for supporters to lean into, and get excited over.

Draper for the Joseph Wren Memorial Trophy in '23.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Going ok but not as well as his younger brother, Sam.
He’s been ripping it up as a bottom ager for SA in U18 championships.
He can’t be selected this year and we have no rights to him at the draft but he looks a super talent in the 2024 draft.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

^The introduction of a sibling can work wonders for the first brother drafted :wink: