Pre-Match. Pies v. Eagles. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Selected team in the OP.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Skids wrote:
piffdog wrote:Pretty sure we were missing a couple key cogs last year - and it was at Marvel.
Adams with covid and Jordy was suspended. We’re a much better team (that was 4 games into Fly’s tenure) and they’re arguably much worse.

Should win well.
12 of the team we fielded that game will be playing this weekend.
Some of the names out from that horrible loss; Grundy, C.Brown, T.Wilson, Howe, Lippa, Magden, Henry, McIness, Elliot & Bianco
In a rare 2022 Fly brain-fart - he selected Wilson ahead of a then in form Ash Johnson, who was pushing for a debut.
I'd argue if Ash Johnson had played instead, we would have won.
Johnson proceeds to pull a hamstring in the VFL and misses a decent chunk of games.

Anyhoo, onto this game ahead... Barrass will likely take either Mihocek or Cox; so i'd suggest a sacrificial decoy forward strategy to draw him further upfield away from his intercept marking.
With serial arse pain McGovern missing, we must capitalise on his absence.
Outscore them by three goals per quarter if we a fair dinkum to get our percentage up around 140%, and thus a buffer from next best team.

If I see another half arsed final quarter like last week's shitfesta against the pauperoos, I assure you all I'll have no problem naming names and swinging the axe ahead of the Melbourne clash.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Emergencies are Bianco, Allan, Macrae and Markov. I assume Markov will be the sub as he hasn't done much wrong, but all of the other three seem like decent outside chances if McRae wants to reward someone who's been performing at VFL level instead.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Unusual looking team with Frampton, Cox and Cameron all playing.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

watt price tully wrote:Unusual looking team with Frampton, Cox and Cameron all playing.
That's our Premiership big man line-up I reckon. With Johnson doing well, there's no spot left for McStay.
rambler

Post by rambler »

watt price tully wrote:Unusual looking team with Frampton, Cox and Cameron all playing.
I think that's what Fly is aiming at. Some quality tall timbers on all lines with pacy, smart ball users at their feet.
rambler

Post by rambler »

Looking forward to Darcy Cameron having a good day out, 3 games in on his return from injury.
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by piffdog »

David wrote:Emergencies are Bianco, Allan, Macrae and Markov. I assume Markov will be the sub as he hasn't done much wrong, but all of the other three seem like decent outside chances if McRae wants to reward someone who's been performing at VFL level instead.
Think the club have already declared Markov as sub. I noticed they emailed the team to members before the 6:25 deadline which has always been designed to give channel 7 sports news the break.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Hard to believe we've only beaten these clowns 4 times out of the 20 games here in WA and they are the only side we have a negative record (27 - 31 & a draw) against.

Heaps of seats have become available to the general public today, hoping we outnumber their pea brain fans.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

piffdog wrote:
David wrote:Emergencies are Bianco, Allan, Macrae and Markov. I assume Markov will be the sub as he hasn't done much wrong, but all of the other three seem like decent outside chances if McRae wants to reward someone who's been performing at VFL level instead.
Think the club have already declared Markov as sub. I noticed they emailed the team to members before the 6:25 deadline which has always been designed to give channel 7 sports news the break.
Can't imagine Allan is anything more than part family visit, part squad experience. Being 1st year, young I'm sure there's a bit of nuture in this. Good experience for him regardless.

Allan, Cameron, Frampton, Hill, Johnson, Mitchell and Ruscoe are the sandgropers on the list.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

WTF is this Saturday afternoon game? I had a routine! Ruined.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

piedys wrote:In a rare 2022 Fly brain-fart - he selected Wilson ahead of a then in form Ash Johnson, who was pushing for a debut.
I'd argue if Ash Johnson had played instead, we would have won.
Johnson proceeds to pull a hamstring in the VFL and misses a decent chunk of games.
You know what they say about hindsight (is 20/20 vision)...
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Question without notice, is this young lad Harvey Harrison, any relation to Harry Hooker Harrison, who decades ago, gave Ron Barassi absolute hell, in the huge upset in the 1958 Grand Final ?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Allen is getting a trip home to see his family. Well played by the Club.