Post Match. Pies smoke Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Had a really bad feeling about this game and thought the inclusion of Kreuger was an act of desperation. The coaching group and players keep finding ways to allay my fears. Wow! It's a great time to be a Collingwood supporter :D
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

the fuzz wrote:Geez, Maynard was good yesterday.
Melbourne wish they had 1/10 of his heart.
Bruz has got his mojo back
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

While we won and won easy we need to temper the excitement.
I watched the game twice again and really it wasn’t as dominate as the final scoreboard showed.
6 posters means a 30 point swing
They missed so many kickable goals as well
Melbournes kicking going inside 50 was likely the worst we’ve seen this season
There a side devoid of confidence and have won once in previous 4 weeks even losing to west coast
We lost contested possession by 23
There pressure rating was 162 for the match
We came off a 10 day break which shouldn’t be underestimated

While I’m super happy we won we will need to be much better going forward
The highlights for me where
Harrison looks to be a AFL player more and more each week
Schulz is looking like he’s settling in more
WHE is very important to the teams structure
Howe coming off a 10 day break looked energised
Cameron is just about our most important player

Will be interesting to see how we manage and handle the veterans and those young players when we have more players to select from after the bye.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Petracca went under the knife for a lacerated Spleen, Punctured Lung, and four broken ribs. Ouch.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Culprit wrote:Petracca went under the knife for a lacerated Spleen, Punctured Lung, and four broken ribs. Ouch.
Wishing him a speedy recovery.

The fact that he tried to keep playing shows how much of a warrior he is.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Culprit wrote:Petracca went under the knife for a lacerated Spleen, Punctured Lung, and four broken ribs. Ouch.
I think Melbourne's medical and football departments will be counting their lucky stars today that nothing further happened to him when he was allowed back on the field of play yesterday. I would hope that our medical staff and decision makers are more conservative than that, and in a case where the extent of injuries are not known, put the player's welfare first and rule them out of the game when necessary.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/06/11/c ... countable/
Last edited by Gerry Cooper on Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

^^It's all speculation whether his running out again injured him more. The Medical staff would have listened to him saying he was right to play. I am sure Darcy will contact him to see how he's going.

It may have already been mentioned, I just read the guy in the circle is Fly's brother-in-law and was diagnosed with MND 12 months ago.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Kruegs getting through the game but not only that we actually got to see his effort and fight. Never seen that side of him before. Him, checkers, Jamie, McReery and Bobby as a fwd 50 might work. Add McStay and rotate off the bench.
Will be interesting come seasons end who is best 22.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Well my Monday wasn't great.

Got a message on Sunday night that a close friend had a heart attack on the way into the footy for Carlton V Essendon. Happened at North Richmond Station. He is still in the Alfred now, but signs are now good.

I also have come down with covid. So I was not able to attend yesterdays game. A friend of my sister said they would take our seats for the day but they didnt show up, so our 3 tickets went unused.

I listened to the first half on ABC radio and then made it to the living room couch to watch the second half. Obviously very happy with the win. Especially as many of us thought this would be the tougher game out of Dogs-Dees-North.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
orie
Been liked: 1 time

pies v dees

Post by orie »

Piesnchess wrote:Thanks Magpies, for putting some sunshine into a very sad day. This morning, my beloved Boxer doggie boy, Tyson, passed away, after a brief illness, he was 12 yrs old. I laid him to rest next to his bro, Oscar, his best buddy. This great victory so undermanned, against all odds, is just the tonic I needed. Thank you Collingwood.
So sorry to hear..We love our doggies. :cry:
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
orie
Been liked: 1 time

pies v dees

Post by orie »

Presti35 wrote:Well my Monday wasn't great.

Got a message on Sunday night that a close friend had a heart attack on the way into the footy for Carlton V Essendon. Happened at North Richmond Station. He is still in the Alfred now, but signs are now good.

I also have come down with covid. So I was not able to attend yesterdays game. A friend of my sister said they would take our seats for the day but they didnt show up, so our 3 tickets went unused.

I listened to the first half on ABC radio and then made it to the living room couch to watch the second half. Obviously very happy with the win. Especially as many of us thought this would be the tougher game out of Dogs-Dees-North.
Glad to hear he is on the improve. We visited a very old friend yesterday before the game who had a big stoke and is now in a home .Was very confronting.
Made me appreciate being able to go watch the pies play and win.
Things can change in an instant. :cry:
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Very happy with that win against a team that were expecting to come out steaming when we were so undermanned.

I was waiting for them to come back in the last, but they didn't. Our pressure was just on for the whole day.

Now we just have to get past Norf and into the bye, afterwhich we should hopefully start to regain some players.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

Haff wrote:Kruegs getting through the game but not only that we actually got to see his effort and fight. Never seen that side of him before.
That's a little unfair on him. In fact I would say one of his best attributes he has shown in the few games he has played in the seniors has been his effort and fight. His main detractions have been his propensity to get injured, going to ground too often and making poor decisions. D
espite playing a good game yesterday he still went to ground a lot and he had a brain fade when he when he went second up in a ruck contest when it was clear that Darcy Cameron was the nominated ruckman.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Daicosesque

Post by Daicosesque »

Winning the last quarter speaks volumes. Didn't think the lead at 3 quarter time was going to be enough based on the last few games.
Carlton sucks.......
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:
Wishing him a speedy recovery.

The fact that he tried to keep playing shows how much of a warrior he is.
im really pissed about this, the one Melbourne player I like, you could tell he was bad when he went off, those injuries could be life threatening. damn disgusting, where is the outcry?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!