Post Match. Pies thumped. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Post Match. Pies thumped. All comments.

Post by Skids »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:34 am Positive — McStay was good.
8 touches and 1 goal = good? Maybe in some snowflake lala land after you've dismounted your unicorn.
One of the 11 who failed to reach double figures in possessions.... Hawthorn had 3.

Continue dishing up rubbish like that and we'll be lucky to win again this season. I'll be banking the majority of my winnings from yesterday but definitely having a nibble at the 3/1 for richmond to roll us next week, we're disgusting.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

We are/were not defending a premiership, we were trying to win another one.

We won in 2023 and it is not being taken away.
You only have to defend something if it is possible to be taken away.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Skids wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:41 am
Mr Miyagi wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:34 am Positive — McStay was good.
8 touches and 1 goal = good? Maybe in some snowflake lala land after you've dismounted your unicorn.
One of the 11 who failed to reach double figures in possessions.... Hawthorn had 3.

Continue dishing up rubbish like that and we'll be lucky to win again this season. I'll be banking the majority of my winnings from yesterday but definitely having a nibble at the 3/1 for richmond to roll us next week, we're disgusting.
The only disgusting thing here is your comment. You know Mcstay’s back earlier than he should be from an ACL right? And did you consider our abysmal inside 50s count? Dan had to run up to the hawks forward line to find the ball
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Johnno75 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:51 pm Does anybody at this club know how to defend 1 on 1, anybody?
This has had me frustrated and scratching my head over the past few games 😳 😡 Which part of manning up don’t they understand? Why are the coaches continuing with this losing strategy? In every single game, they concede the first three opposition kicks out of defence and then the ball is in their half forward line with us scrambling to defend, quite often out of position 😠 Whatever happened to our defence system that we employed last season? What have the coaches been doing over the past five weeks?
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Considering our rancid inside 50 entries and overall number, to score so often was quite remarkable. Imagine being a forward at this club right now. Horrific.
Est. 2002
Raw Hammer
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Also, to allow Ginnivan, of all players, to gather 31 freakin’ touches is an indictment of everyone from the coach to the players. We’re too nice. If you want to clamp any player in this match up, especially when the game was over at HT, it’s this guy. Laughing stocks. Should be strike one against Fly as far as I’m concerned. And now Schultz will bear the burden of being traded for a Top 5 draft pick in a string draft, something I doubt he will recover mentally from over the next 3 seasons. We swapped Pick 4 or 5 and Ginnivan for Schultz and something like Pick 30. That sort of sh!t hurts you for a good 5-8 years.
Est. 2002
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Pies4shaw wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:48 am
RudeBoy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:04 am That was the worst performance I can remember from a Pies team.
Let me help you: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2 ... 01010.html

That game mattered. Yesterday didn't.
Oh Jesuz, I'd forgotten about that one....times can turn quickly can't they?
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

So if Fly has another 2 strikes this season, he is out?
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Slept on it. No emotion anymore.
Agree with the ships in the night. Hawks on the up, Pies with an anchor.

Firmly in the rebuild camp from now.
Play the kids because is personally don’t see many out and out stars there. Have to work out who is in it for 3-4 years time when we content again.

Johnson, McRae trades for picks 40+ though doubt we’ll get anything for Johnson.
Might have to give up a premiership star with some currency to get back in the draft. Hill is a candidate, doesn’t seem to want it anyway and the west is circling.

Keep Pendles for a season if he wants it, worth it for his infield coaching. Play off the half back.

Thankyou to Howe, Cox, Sidey and maybe Mitchell. Checkers only as we need to be somewhat competitive up forward.

Bottom out, pick 1 + Mcguanne the following draft (unless the fraud Hine trades it), hopefully get enough talent in before Tassie.

Have a dip at 2027 with Nick as captain.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Cam wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:35 am We desperately need another midfielder who can get their hands on it and has run and carry but our track record isn't great. Adams and Treloar never lived up to the hype and assumed value, Mitchell is a role player with a limited future so I'm not confident we can just go and get one. Otherwise Nick will waste prime years of his career like Bucks and Pendles did.
Hiya Cam, seriously - our only realistic option is to prey Freo delist Will Brodie.
I don't think he has seen any senior games since 2023.
I doubt we even have any spare 2nd/3rd rounders to offer up for him right now.

Or maybe Crows might delist Crouch. We can only hope.

Here we are the reigning premiers, hoping some bottom feeder clubs might throw us a scrap cast-off to sure-up our midfield.

Hit the bricks Hine; you inept imbecile.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:16 am
ANNODAM wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:32 am I’d rather be extra cautious when it comes to concussions, do we want to be a MEL & replicate their stupidity?

I really don’t GAF whether other sides assess or take their players off, that’s on them.
I agree. But I’m care no matter who they play for. Geelong should have been raked over the coals by the AFL for not testing Stewart and sending him back on to play — he was sore during the week. Delayed concussions can be just as bad.

Yeah, you can have delayed concussions, my 15yo son plays Baseball at a pretty high level (Rep ball) at one of his @ bats, he got hit on the head with a ball, he was wearing a helmet.
Coach took him off & assessed him, he was OK but we had to monitor him for 2wks afterwards especially at night when he went to bed.

Myself, I cycle 15-20kms a day, I slipped & fell, hit my head, I was also wearing a helmet, I monitored myself for 2wks, made sure every night I went to bed, my better half woke me & made me do 10 star jumps, this went on for a week afterwards.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Mid 3rd Quarter...Our VFL team is going to go down to Carlton by 10+ goals

Only Bytel is playing well
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Take_a_Screamer wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:57 pm Mid 3rd Quarter...Our VFL team is going to go down to Carlton by 10+ goals

Only Bytel is playing well
That sums up how the club is doing.Absolutely no young talent coming through the ranks,and the seniors tired and disinterested.It really is a sad state of affairs.The recruiting department needs to be overhauled and Hine must go.
5:11pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by 5:11pm »

piedys wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:22 pm
Cam wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:35 am We desperately need another midfielder who can get their hands on it and has run and carry but our track record isn't great. Adams and Treloar never lived up to the hype and assumed value, Mitchell is a role player with a limited future so I'm not confident we can just go and get one. Otherwise Nick will waste prime years of his career like Bucks and Pendles did.
Hiya Cam, seriously - our only realistic option is to prey Freo delist Will Brodie.
I don't think he has seen any senior games since 2023.
I doubt we even have any spare 2nd/3rd rounders to offer up for him right now.

Or maybe Crows might delist Crouch. We can only hope.

Here we are the reigning premiers, hoping some bottom feeder clubs might throw us a scrap cast-off to sure-up our midfield.

Hit the bricks Hine; you inept imbecile.

Trade Degoey to GC for Davies and a 1st round pick.

Trade 1st round pick to dogs for Baily Smith.
Big T
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Big T »

You lost me at Bailey Smith.

Keep 1st round pick and find a recruiting manager who can actually pick early draft talent.
Buon Giorno