Trade winds: Get Petracca

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Get Petracca

Post by Pete 70 »

I think the only certainty is that Trac won’t be at Melbourne next year. I suspect we might be in the race for him
Dispatches from a foreign land
SLORT
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by SLORT »

For those seriously considering Lynch...perhaps remember Scotty Cummings. Joined us in 2002, 5 games 6 goals, and game over. At the ripe old age of...28. If it's for a year, okay. But yeah, year-by-year contract only or else no thanks.

https://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/pl ... index.html
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 74 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I’m hearing there’s an emergency meeting with Petracca and Pert and Goodwin today away from the club. Rumour has it Petracca’s management have given Melbourne a ultimatum either it’s a trade away to a club of his choice (not theirs) or he’s going public on what he believes to be massive breaches in the player welfare space inside the club starting with the treatment of injured players by the coach who basically ignores any player who isn’t available to play each weekend.
His management also says the culture of not confronting player behavioural issues has let players run there own race and not be held accountable (insert Oliver and Smith as starters)
I’ve asked my source to find out who his club of preference is but haven’t heard back
It may well be Carlton or it could be us or another Melbourne club
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Knowing what I know about “culture issues” at Melbourne, I wish Petracca would go public. Understand he’d be enemy number one and likely get death threats from club supporters etc though, and end his footy career - playing and future coaching/media.

But hey, be better if certain journos who know all the details of cultural issues did their jobs and spoke up about it. They wouldn’t hesitate if it were us.

Honestly, hoping Trac goes to Carlton or stays. Do we want all the bad blood at our club, especially with Bruz as well?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by K »

Presti35 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:55 am ...
Anyway, Carlton are heavily linked and seem willing to trade Harry McKay. To me that is more than enough to satisfy the Dees, even though their fans are expecting a first round pick, a star player, and more in return.
Hope McKay rules it out, as Curnow already has. A deal like that could make both Melb. and Carlton stronger. :(

Mr Miyagi wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:57 pm ... Understand he’d be enemy number one and likely get death threats from club supporters etc though, and end his footy career - playing and future coaching/media.
Gotta say, I find that really hard to imagine...
K
Has liked: 3 times

Post by K »

Petracca battles insomnia, sees psychologist after internal injuries as trade saga continues

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pet ... 5k5ke.html

'“It’s been really, really tough. Probably the most traumatic thing I’ve experienced in my life,” Petracca said on the Howie Games podcast. “The trauma of everything … it’s actually not necessarily the incident of it, it’s the aftermath of it. The surgery in general was a really traumatic experience: being awake for it, internal bleeding, wasn’t able to be put to sleep under anaesthetic. I can think of every single thing happening at that time.

“This must have been 3am in the morning. I didn’t know at the time; I was drugged up. Bella [Petracca’s partner] came to the ICU the next day and basically said that at three in the morning … we got the number off the surgeon because he called to say you might not make it, basically. He’s in critical condition.”

“Even since then, the last six, seven weeks have been really tough on both of us. She’s been amazing for me since I first met her but just through this experience. I’ve got insomnia I feel like, to be honest, because of stuff like that. I can’t sleep because of stuff like that … I’m having to see a trauma psych to deal with what’s going on.”'
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

They showed some of that interview on 7 news. It's a hard pass from me.

From a young raging bull who felt invincible on field, he's had a close brush with mortality and that's clearly impacted his mindset. 2025 will at best be a recovery year where he slowly tries to get back into the swing of footy, he may never get back to his best and whoever he plays for is paying $1M in appearance fees for the next 5 years with no performance.

Sorry Trac, would have loved you a few years ago, not now. Seems more focused on his social media gig than playing footy.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

With the little I know about the Dees issues with all the coach president may Oliver smith Oliver and Trak dramas, how would a trade actually work for Trac? I can’t imagine a valuable player from any team wanting to go there.

Mr Miyagi says he knows more about the Dees Inside, other Nickstersprobably know more too. And with David Schwartz comments on SEN today he knows a lot more.

If you have to trade picks I’d hate to be a young draftee being picked to go there without a choice
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 74 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Midweek tackle reported tonight McKay has ruled out being traded and Collingwood have said they don’t have the cap space to pay his entire contract going forward (could be a ploy to have Melbourne pay as much as possible)
They also said he’s likely to go “nuclear” (there words) and go through AFLPA for breach of contract under duty of care (I mentioned this earlier)
I’ve been told he wants out at any cost even if it includes ruining his reputation publicly.
Don’t be surprised if in the coming weeks there’s some media leaks of internal issues involving player behaviour covered up or swept under the carpet at Melbourne
This is going to get messy folks
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

I was all for Petracca but he's coming off as a bit of a Diva and a cry baby with this trauma stuff.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times

Post by eddiesmith »

The Black and White Lion wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:07 pm With the little I know about the Dees issues with all the coach president may Oliver smith Oliver and Trak dramas, how would a trade actually work for Trac? I can’t imagine a valuable player from any team wanting to go there.

Mr Miyagi says he knows more about the Dees Inside, other Nickstersprobably know more too. And with David Schwartz comments on SEN today he knows a lot more.

If you have to trade picks I’d hate to be a young draftee being picked to go there without a choice
This is where the whole Carlton have the currency to make it work falls down.

Other than them already publicly saying no chance in hell, why would a McKay want to go to Melbourne? There is nothing for him to gain and everything to lose.
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

I actually wouldn't be all that surprised if Petracca gave footy away altogether given his trauma post injury and seemingly overall discontent...
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

@swooper ^I wonder if Darcy Moore has been carrying a burden above the shoulders given he was the catalyst to the incident.
While many of our players had a slow start to the season, Moore has seemingly struggled post the incident. Given his considered nature, I'd like to hear from him how its impacted his mindset.
Might releasing him from the Captaincy and passing it onto Nick Daicos be best for all concerned?
I'd actually be less surprised if Darcy Moore at some stage walked away from the game and pursued interests outside of football.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

^
Yeah I wondered a similar thought about Darcy too. He was involved in a few incidents in the first half of the season. There was a bit of Trac media about Moore reaching out to Trac and following up. I think Darcy had regained his edge in the last few weeks of the season however.

Moores follow up and support for Trac could be a plus though to swing him one way or another if we have a chance of a cheap trade via the nuclear route.

Whatever’s in the media now is weeks if not months old. Maybe Fly’s love you Trac antics last month were part of the negotiation given the Carlton interest also. Maybe he was trying to sway it then.

Taking Pies16 and Qld46 trade scenarios if we could end up with A pick 14 this year via trades, would you use that on Trac, an 18year old minor an 18year old KPF prospect?

Despite the desire for the KPF I’m attracted to the idea of a year or two with Pendles, JDG, Naicos, Jaicos, Crisp, Jamie, Beau, Bobby and Trac running riot at the G on Kings Birthday
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I'd love to get Petracca, but I can't see us having the ability to do a trade. Sadly, reckon he'll end up at Carlton or possibly the Bummers.