Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Post by Gerry Cooper »

ANNODAM wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:04 pm Ginni will be playing finals again this year & the Hawks will be Premiers (not this year but then again who knows with the comp so even) especially if they keep playing as they are.
I bet you will love that if it happens. You and a couple of others really should follow precious ginnikins to Hawthorn. You really will be happier there.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Cam wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:56 pm Proof that you can beat the umpires when they only look after one team.

Sad that we don't have another win or two in the bank because it will take an absolute miracle or two for next week not to be our last.

THAT damn draw with Freo, cost us a spot, when the yellow maggot got his feelings hurt cos the ball was not handed bac on a silver platter service, and gave them an easy drawing goal in the goal square. :roll: :evil:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Piesnchess wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:14 pmHorseshit , a juvenile brat who did sweet FA in the GF, did nothing jack shit, zilch, went to the races pre night of the GF, even my two sons who played in U 15s GFs, went to bed early pre their GF. Then he decked himself out in jocky silks, to pour crap on our Coach, on the mad Monday, total disrepect for our Coach, and ask Mc Stay about his childish antics in toilet blocks. Twice the talent, what utter crap that is. Get real.
^ Best not to read this, then: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1175094/mat ... ollingwood or to look at his stats for that game.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Gerry Cooper wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:19 pm
ANNODAM wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:04 pm Ginni will be playing finals again this year & the Hawks will be Premiers (not this year but then again who knows with the comp so even) especially if they keep playing as they are.
I bet you will love that if it happens. You and a couple of others really should follow precious ginnikins to Hawthorn. You really will be happier there.

😂 so because I don’t agree with the Club delisting a player, means I should follow HAW.
OK gotcha!

I WISH we had the successful winning culture HAW have.
You CAN like players from other teams you know, it’s not against the law or anything.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

ANNODAM wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:31 pm😂 so because I don’t agree with the Club delisting a player, means I should follow HAW.
OK gotcha!

You CAN like players from other teams you know, it’s not against the law or anything.
We have a winning culture. We're literally the reigning premiers.

Hawthorn haven't won a final in 9 years.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I think we all know that HAW has been more successful than any other team in the VFL/AFL.

A flag every decade.

Moot point anyways, we won’t be defending our title, so best to look to 2025.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Bloos have smacked the hapless eagles. Those bloody draws and shitting the bed last week. Oh well. Cricket training starts this week
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Haff wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:52 pm Bloos have smacked the hapless eagles. Those bloody draws and shitting the bed last week. Oh well. Cricket training starts this week

Dunno now, just throw everything at the Deeees, and barrack for the Saints, next week, not sure if that will make it better though, can only hope. yeh, that Freo maggot umpire draw, very costly, plus loss to the Suns. :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

ANNODAM wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:31 pm
You mean a slinking thuggish culture actually - have been thugs since the Kennedy era and always will be.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

I had to laugh aloud when Schultz kicked his second goal. After three important misses of gettable shots in front of goal in as many weeks, I had given up on him and said so. Seeing him prove me wrong and nail two important pressure goals felt good in spite of myself. In fact many of the players who had poor or patchy form over the past couple of months lifted their games and the result is on the board. Good on you boys!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times

Post by piffdog »

Not sure I saw what some others here have in Parker… Not saying he can’t be a player in due course, but I haven’t seen anything to separate him from a bunch of other rookies we’ve relied on this year.

Was a good win, but let’s be honest - was another one where we jumped out of the frying pan at the death. I actually felt like we were in control for most of the last 3 quarters. They started well, and were a little wayward too.

Sidey has impressed me in the last couple weeks. Not sure if he’s been bouyed by the contract extension or not?

I actually saw a key exec from the club early in Feb and he was confident we could maintain a gap on the comp and were a chance to win again this year. Well that won’t happen and we will be unlikely to go into ‘25 with any misgivings. It felt a bit like we thought we could roll out the same plan again and we can all agree we’ve been found out. Where we have won well it’s been on the back of heart/spirit or a very poor opposition. That’s all fine, but occasionally you also need to win on talent or game plan. Now talent is hard to fix quickly (and can be impacted by injury) so we need a tweak (or major change..??) to our game plan for next year. Plenty of time to work on that - off season starts Friday night around 10:30
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Credit where credit is due — the Fox commentary was fantastic. Honestly the best I’ve heard this year.