Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

How old is he? Maybe it’s his fun, say hello, might make his day! I did 2 hours yesterday, hard stuff but it still felt like 30 min, I love doing it! It’s relaxing and somehow satisfying!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

He isn't young, don't know how he'd respond to me walking over, he's wearing earmuffs and a mask, I think I'll just take it NQA :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Meghan Markle and Harry have made a lot of money selling their fiction. I hope it was worth it, as they have little credibility left.

Meghan’s sacrifice is a site to behold. If sacrifice is flying first class from London to Canada after telling your in laws to get stuffed….then sign me up for some of that sacrifice.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

People will only be interested if they have dirt to dish on the royal family.
Once the Netflix series and Harrys book are done, they have nothing left to say.

I have only seen snippets of the Netflix series but a friend has watched it. She said it won't change peoples views of the couple or the royal family - if you are pro H&M you still will be, conversely if you don't like them you still won't even more so now. Her view was that they have both used each other to get what they wanted, Meghan profile & money, Harry out of the royal family.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

For Meghan, it wasn't enough to trash and disown her own family, she's turned to trashing and disowning her husband's family.

What a low life piece of shit.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Like, eg, Andrew?
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I genuinely can’t comprehend being so invested in defending the reputation of the British Royal Family that you get angry about a former prince’s wife for saying mean (probably true) things about them.

Even more cringe than being an Elon Musk fanboy, imo.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Haven't watched any of it, won't watch it, don't care.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

stui magpie wrote:Haven't watched any of it, won't watch it, don't care.
So good to read David’s and your posts. Here was I thinking that I was the only one not to give a royal toss about this beaten up nonsensical crap
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Idiots at the soccer last night.

Was supposed to be a fan walkout in protest at the decision to have the GF in Sydney for the next 3 years but these morons had other ideas.

Taking flares to the game and wearing balaclavas to the game as to not be identified. They are not supporters or fans just hooligans looking to cause trouble.

Always the minority who spoil it for everyone else.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Apart from taking to the extreme this time, I'll never understand why these idiots think Flares is a legit part of the sports culture.
David

Post by David »

lazzadesilva wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Haven't watched any of it, won't watch it, don't care.
So good to read David’s and your posts. Here was I thinking that I was the only one not to give a royal toss about this beaten up nonsensical crap
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

No, the outrage is from dumbarses who wouldn't know a joke if it jumped out of the Pacific and bit them on the arse.

Anyone who has watched GoT knows exactly what Clarkson is joking about.

I wonder how many pin heads watched Queen Cersei being paraded through the streets and thought, "that's inciting violence against woman"? I'm outraged.

You wonder why Brits care about what Meghan is saying. It's the same as how Collingwood supporters feel when others attacked Eddie over everything, or call Darren Millane "nothing but a drunk who got what he deserved".
David

Post by David »

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

The parading naked through the streets is definitely a GoT reference, and Clarkson is known for his irreverence. I've read some of his collected paper articles in the past and those comments are completely on tone with how he expresses his disdain for cyclists and many other things.

He's an old, white, English, wealthy male who is strongly in favour of the Monarchy and like many of his brethren clearly doesn't like H&M's hatchet job and specifically blame her for influencing Harry.

People decrying his comments are simply throwing rocks at someone they don't like, probably justifiably so, but his opinion is hardly relevant. He's the Automotive writer equivalent of a shock jock, he likes being provocative but he's basically a tool.

The whole thing is dueling PR. personally I really don't give a shit, but if I had a choice between having a beer or 3 with H&M or W&K, I'm picking H&M every time.