#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

Pies4shaw wrote:With whom, Fire Up, with whom?
wait and see. it may be good news or bad. depending on where u stand with him. :wink:
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

RudeBoy wrote:To be honest, regardless of whether he stays or not, or even whether he's a future gun player, my main worry with him is his lack of emotional engagement with his teammates. Even after such a great win I noticed all the players walking off the ground with their arms around each other and smiling up big, and there was Scharenberg walking behind them all on his own looking like his mum had just died. I honestly know nothing about this kid, other than what I've seen, but it's his lack of passion for/with his teammates which is my biggest worry. That said, he's probably a terrific young kid.
Definitely RFI with PDA.
All We Can Be
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

MightyMagpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:To be honest, regardless of whether he stays or not, or even whether he's a future gun player, my main worry with him is his lack of emotional engagement with his teammates. Even after such a great win I noticed all the players walking off the ground with their arms around each other and smiling up big, and there was Scharenberg walking behind them all on his own looking like his mum had just died. I honestly know nothing about this kid, other than what I've seen, but it's his lack of passion for/with his teammates which is my biggest worry. That said, he's probably a terrific young kid.
Definitely RFI with PDA.
RFI? PDA? Can someone please translate for an old fart like me?
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

RudeBoy wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Definitely RFI with PDA.
Geez, after Elliott got bashed in the media for his lack of a PDA towards Varcoe a few games back I expected all Pies supporters to understand!

RFI = room for improvement (off the Fox Footy shows)

PDA = public display of affection
All We Can Be
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

MightyMagpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote: Definitely RFI with PDA.
Geez, after Elliott got bashed in the media for his lack of a PDA towards Varcoe a few games back I expected all Pies supporters to understand!

RFI = room for improvement (off the Fox Footy shows)

PDA = public display of affection
Much appreciated MM. :)
skaman
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

NFI Rudeboy... NFI *SH (shakes head)
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

The Whole Club late this week has sound very positive that Scharanberg will Re-Sign.

Might Happen next week :D
I am Da Man
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

Bruce Doull played over 350 games for Carlton and rarely showed any emotion. bjorn Borg won heaps of tennis matches, ditto. The only thing I am looking forward to is a long career in black and white and several premierships for the lad.

Everything else is window-dressing.

Remember the stories from Hawthorn that Don Scott and Leigh Matthews rarely spoke to one another...they went ok.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

I suspect that Shazza is just introverted but was quite impressed by his game on Friday night
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

TopGun wrote:I suspect that Shazza is just introverted but was quite impressed by his game on Friday night
Wasn't he on Menzel?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

But only as part of the Menzel4Ever tribute, RB.
E

Post by E »

RudeBoy wrote:
TopGun wrote:I suspect that Shazza is just introverted but was quite impressed by his game on Friday night
Wasn't he on Menzel?
Actually Langdon was on Menziel for most of the time that Menziel was damaging. Scharenberg went to him a couple of times as part of the rotation thing we do to cover the loose man, but i think you will find that he was Langdons man early. Reid stood him in the second half.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

fwiw, from the first bounce schazza started on menzel and langdon took stevie j.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Maynard stood him too at one stage. Looks like he whipped our entire defence. I look forward to another Menzel Love-In across Monday's print, radio and TV coverage.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

surely there are more useless tidbits we could add to this thread?
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.