Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Fire Up wrote:signed and sealed
Who? When?
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Wasn't this said two days ago? Bit of a slow writer. I know his name's tough to spell, but you'd reckon he'd have it down by now.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

roar wrote:I can, but you won't have to wait long to see it, too. If he remains fit (and remains with us) it will be crystal clear by finals next year.
I've seen enough to know he has real class.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Stop leaving us in suspense. What's your source to this information?
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
dillo_09

Post by dillo_09 »

thompsoc wrote:
roar wrote:I can, but you won't have to wait long to see it, too. If he remains fit (and remains with us) it will be crystal clear by finals next year.
I've seen enough to know he has real class.
Me too! Class is permanent - you either have it or your don't and this boy has it in spades.

SOOOO much like Pendles - has time and space that very few others do and you cant teach or coach that, it is just there.

Assuming we sign him, get him SUPER fit through a full and solid pre-season, pull the trigger and sit back and enjoy the show.

I really hope he signs and stays.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Jezza wrote:
Stop leaving us in suspense. What's your source to this information?
lol, he is just trying to big note himself.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

gurugeoff wrote:perhaps the issue is about money. Perhaps he wants, as a number 6 draft pick, a certain amount - but, given what he has put on show, why would we pay him heaps more than Langdon, who is from the same draft year. Now that i say it, yep, why would you pay him more than Langdon, who is a similar sort of player.
Could quite easily sign a shorter term contract or include a clause to trigger a review/extension based on reaching certain milestones next year.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

AN_Inkling wrote:
Hine said the same on the weekend, that we won't see the best of Scharenberg for another 12 months.

I didn't expect him to play seniors this year, so he's exceeded my expectations. He did his knee in late August last year, so even playing a handful of VFL games should be considered a bonus.
Exactly, see Macaffer
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

I can confirm, no one on this forum knows Jack Sht about Scharenberg signing or not!
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
melliot

Post by melliot »

Darkstranger wrote:I can confirm, no one on this forum knows Jack Sht about Scharenberg signing or not!
That is not true!

We know :
1). He hasn't signed YET.
2). He may or may not sign with us.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Darkstranger wrote:I can confirm, no one on this forum knows Jack Sht about Scharenberg signing or not!
Not knowing anything will never stop us!
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Not one person?
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

dalyc wrote:
Not knowing anything will never stop us!
there wouldn't be much to read on this forum if we eradicated the uninformed comments.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

RudeBoy wrote:
roar wrote:^^ Because he will be a lot better than Langdon, probably by the end of next year.
Let's revisit this post in 12 months shall we? :wink:
You betcha!
kill for collingwood!
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

I suspect Adelaide have told his management to hold off on signing a contract as they will put up a big money offer with the cash saved from the Dangerfield move to Geelong.

In that regard it makes sense to hold off. Why sign now when Adelaide could be prepared to pay twice as much?

It sucks for us but this is what happens with free agency. Danger is the first domino to fall and we feel the blowback through losing one of our young players.