Vale #1,#2,#3,#28 Captain Len Thompson

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

luvlicca

Post by luvlicca »

RIP Len!!!

True Champion of the CFC and will be sorely missed.

My condolences go out to your family and friends and the Collingwood Footy Club.

May the boys do you proud and kick some ass on friday night!!!
- Thanks for the memories Licca - I'm gonna miss you!!! - Bring on 2008 - Nick Maxwell has my vote for Captain -
blackandwhite4life

Post by blackandwhite4life »

Nice tribute die4pies.

Very sad news. Whenever I've seen him speak he seemed like the quintessential gentle giant. First started following the pies in 77 and I remember big Len and his socks.

The omens are screaming for us this year. Would think this will steel the team even more for Friday night.
Hearing the 'Black & White Army' roar is the greatest sound in the world.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

RIP Len.
raymond35

Post by raymond35 »

Herald Sun website (not the footy bit) has a great video item with tuddy, w richardson and old lizard lips paying tribute to Thommo. Also some great footage of him in action.

EDIT- Fox Sports.com also has an excellent video report
Last edited by raymond35 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

RIP, Len Thompson. Legend Of Collingwood.
Go Pies !!!!
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

'51 Bewick wrote:Hi,

I am an Essendon supporter who saw Len play many great games against us. Always played the game hard, but fairly, and was one of the very best opponents we played against.

My sincere thoughts go out to his family and to all the pies supporters who enjoyed watching him play.

R.I.P.
Thanks mate

Its touching to read an opposition supporter coming on board to express condolences...This is what football is all about.
Greatly appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
luvlicca

Post by luvlicca »

On behalf of the Western Magpies Supporter Group, I would like to pass on our deepest sympathies to the Thompson family and to his close friends as well as the Collingwood Football Club.

He is a legend of the game and we will be encouraging all Western Magpie members and supporters to wear black arm bands on Friday night at our function.

RIP Len!!!

Danielle O'Meara
Secretary
Western Magpies
www.westernmagpies.com
- Thanks for the memories Licca - I'm gonna miss you!!! - Bring on 2008 - Nick Maxwell has my vote for Captain -
The Prince of Fullbacks

Post by The Prince of Fullbacks »

I heard (on sports tonight) Dimwitetriou say, about Thompson, that he loved the club but didn't know if the club loved him.

What??

Was this a context situation? Did I here this wrong?

Thommo was a Legend, is a Legend of this fine club for enternity!!!

My commiserations to the Thompson family.
John Greening deserves a bronze statue
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Fought back the tears at work yesterday but had no chance when I saw the announcement on sports tonight last night, completely lost it, Could not read this thread till this morning and I think about to lose it again. What an awesome player he was and a great Collingwood man. Condolences to his Family and all those who were close to him in your time of sadness, you have the whole Collingwood family behind you!

VALE Len Thompson!
Magpie Jack

Post by Magpie Jack »

5 Copelands says it all.

Rest in Peace Thommo
Bob Rose....the measuring stick of humanity
Mountains Magpie

Post by Mountains Magpie »

Just so completely gutted. I read this thread yesterday & just read the Herald Sun articles this morning. Terribly terribly sad.

I just hope that Friday brings us a win and while part of that win would be for Len, the majority of the spoils should be for the 22 who play on Friday night.

Let those players write their own page in Collingwood's rich history and let this current group of players write a whole chapter or two for themselves, something for our grandchildren to wonder in amazement over.

RIP Len - keep an eye over our boys Friday and for eternity. :cry:
Spiral progress, unstoppable,
exhausted sources replaced by perversion
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

The Prince of Fullbacks wrote:I heard (on sports tonight) Dimwitetriou say, about Thompson, that he loved the club but didn't know if the club loved him.

What??

Was this a context situation? Did I here this wrong?

Thommo was a Legend, is a Legend of this fine club for enternity!!!

My commiserations to the Thompson family.
I dont believe thats correct, when we interviewed Len at the Lexus Centre some three or four years ago he was deeply honoured at being made a Hall of fame member as was his two girls who were wrapt that the main training room at Lexus has a huge len Thompson picture hanging from the ceiling.

Before the interview we both spoke about Eddie and eddies presence at the Collingwood footy club, Len praised heaps on eddie as a person and at what he had done to save our club, one got the feeling both eddie and len had a deep respect and love for each other.

I can tell ya by eddies voice when he rang yesterday to let me know about the sudden passing of Len that he was shattered, So i wouldnt take to heart what Demetriou had said.
Yarra Falls End

Post by Yarra Falls End »

Len, you will be missed but never forgotten.A champion player and a true gentleman.

My deepest sympathy and condolences to the family.

Rest in Peace.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Very emotional reading all the coverage of Thommo, I grew up with him playing for Collingwood.

Seeing the video of Tuddy, Wayne and Macca brings back so many memories, we are a huuuuuge club, a great club, with a rich and proud history, with legends who wore our jumper. We have a great, great Collingwood president at the moment and a great, great captain, we are in the eye of history itself and god I hope we win it.
Albow

Post by Albow »

RIP Thommo
A Champion of the Collingwood Football Club.
Let's do it for Thommo Pies, make 2007 our year!
In life there is only BLACK and WHITE, there is never any grey..........and especially not BLUE