#13 Sam Murray

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

All We Can Be
E

Post by E »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:I'd like to know what Buckley doesn't see in Murray's game, that he didn't play Murray in JLT1 (and plays Smith in both games??). He looks ok to me.
Jesus. Buckley just cant do anything right for some people. The slant on this post is quite ridiculous.

No doubt you were also n the camp who crucified Collingwood (and Buckley) for drafting Murray in the first place......
BazBoy
Been liked: 27 times

Post by BazBoy »

At this stage of the year player require game time so with Murray he is getting it

OK a VFL then AFL hit out and VFL got him noticed as previous scratch match and good training ethos
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Played a solid game, not sure it's enough to warrant a debut for round one though. Not getting sucked in by the 'metres gained' stat either. Just a query on that stat, if you miss a target and create a turnover, does the resulting passage of play deduct meters? Conversely, what if you 'switch' or reverse play but your action is pivotal in setting up a forward entry or goal? Metres lost or gained? :?
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

SonofRowdy

Post by SonofRowdy »

Interesting insight Pies2016.... all the good sides have great hard running, attacking half back lines and Langdon, Howe, Sharenberg, Smith etc simply don't fit this profile.

Perhaps a 2019 combination of Murray, Moore & Quaynor (a player likened to the Harry O'Brien mould) better meets the demands of the modern game.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Pies2016 makes a good point, it's why Murray always seemed the right type for us to recruit (along with pace).

Harry used to be our only player to really aggressively run out of defence (why I always overlooked his errors). Heater to a degree, but more along the boundary and less effectively.

Now we have Maynard, and also Langdon (disagree that he doesn't run with the ball), but they're not top level line breakers (Maynard can be if you include his kicking). Murray looks as if he could be that.

The combination of run and kicking penetration is what we've lacked from defence. We successfully added Crisp to the mix last year for extra run and have now recruited the likes of Murray. Maynard's kicking and aggressiveness is also just what we need, not sure moving him to the midfield is a great idea if we don't have an adequate replacement (no, Adams doesn't count).
Well done boys!
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Played a magnificent game will be in round one for sure, good kick goes in hard knows how to get the ball....WOW so many will be eating a shite sanga! go sam murray.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Events around our great clubman Goldy and possible time out thru injury will open the door for some one

Maybe Murray
E

Post by E »

joffa corfe wrote:Played a magnificent game will be in round one for sure, good kick goes in hard knows how to get the ball....WOW so many will be eating a shite sanga! go sam murray.
now this i agree with.

Here are the things you will all grow to love about Sam Murray.

1. PACE
2. PACE
3. PACE
4. Will never take a backwards step, hard as nails, runs in straight lines.
5. seems to know when to leave his man to help a teammate. did it more than once in Moe.
6. PACE
7. PACE
8. Seems to know where the ball is going to be.

I think Sydney knew this kid was going to be good, but have an abundance of players in that position. We needed him, we were prepared to pay for him. We got him.

This is going to be like the Jamie Elliot deal, where many people thought (and some still to this day think) that he was the steak knives in the Marty Clark for pick 25 trade with GC.

A second round pick for this kid is going to look as good as

the trades that netted us Jeremy Howe, Rupert Wills and James Aish for Paul Seedman, Ben Kennedy, Nathan Freeman and a second round pick.

Or maybe the Lyndon Dunn for 4 spots in the draft (47 to 51).

Or WHE for a second rounder.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

E total agreement with the kids style of play -Run ,Run,Run straight at the ball or opponent ball carrier

There was a passage where Sam came hard at an opponent who had the ball to gather and Sam did not deviate one bit and hit him bloody hard which got
comment from media saying Bucks would be happy with that

I would have him I round one definitely
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

...and he looks to be very good in the air too.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:Played a solid game, not sure it's enough to warrant a debut for round one though. Not getting sucked in by the 'metres gained' stat either. Just a query on that stat, if you miss a target and create a turnover, does the resulting passage of play deduct meters? Conversely, what if you 'switch' or reverse play but your action is pivotal in setting up a forward entry or goal? Metres lost or gained? :?
had a niggle and was in the rehab group for a while pre-season.
Id suggest he wasn't in JLT1 due to where he was at physically.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

dble
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »