#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

And if we do not do the deal with Adelaide he is then delisted and goes in the draft. The first team that is prepared to pay his asking amount takes him. End of story. Things could be a whole lot worse than being at Collingwood. An uncontracted player who is not a free agent or prt there of has few rights
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I've said it before but I'll say it again, and this time I mean it. This is my last comment on this matter!

Regardless of the outcome of the contract negotiations, the fact that's it's taken almost 2 years of stone-walling the club before even discussing a new contract, says it all to me. His heart is not in it. He is not passionate about wanting to stay at Collingwood. I don't blame him. That's his right. He may or not be a future champion player, but if he's not thrilled to be at the best club in the land and to have the opportunity to play on the MCG most weeks, then I'd prefer we let him go. I want a team of goers. I want players who will give everything for each other, who are desperate to play for Collingwood. Sadly, he does not fit the bill for any of that. So, no hard feelings Shazza. You'll regret this for the rest of your life, but it is what it is. Enjoy your pie floaters.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

RudeBoy wrote:I've said it before but I'll say it again, and this time I mean it. This is my last comment on this matter!

Regardless of the outcome of the contract negotiations, the fact that's it's taken almost 2 years of stone-walling the club before even discussing a new contract, says it all to me. His heart is not in it. He is not passionate about wanting to stay at Collingwood. I don't blame him. That's his right. He may or not be a future champion player, but if he's not thrilled to be at the best club in the land and to have the opportunity to play on the MCG most weeks, then I'd prefer we let him go. I want a team of goers. I want players who will give everything for each other, who are desperate to play for Collingwood. Sadly, he does not fit the bill for any of that. So, no hard feelings Shazza. You'll regret this for the rest of your life, but it is what it is. Enjoy your pie floaters.
So are you saying he is going ?? Cmon Rude, one last comment :)
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Pies2016 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:I've said it before but I'll say it again, and this time I mean it. This is my last comment on this matter!

He is..
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

RudeBoy wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

He is..
Say it ain't so, John Wren!
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

i know you are tough on him but that is ridiculous. drafted in november 2013, signed a 2 year contract. he is under no obligation (other than a moral one, perhaps, but even that is a stretch) to sign before his contract expires.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

John Wren wrote:

i know you are tough on him but that is ridiculous. drafted in november 2013, signed a 2 year contract. he is under no obligation (other than a moral one, perhaps, but even that is a stretch) to sign before his contract expires.
Sorry JW, but ALL draftees have to sign on for 2 years - he had no choice in that. But as for extending his contract to remain with us, he's under no obligation at all. He's perfectly entitled to delay signing until the very last minute...or not to sign at all. I'm perfectly aware of that. I'm simply expressing my feelings towards a player and his manager who has fobbed off all attempts to finalise his contract extension since the middle of last year. He's certainly entitled to do that, but i'm equally entitled not to be impressed by such an attitude. I much prefer players like De Goey, Maynard, Moore and Ramsay - who were thrilled to be offered contract extensions and publicly said so. At the end of the day, for supporters like me, outside of the inner sanctum, our feelings and attitudes towards players are largely determined by the way they display their passion towards our club. I can only judge him on what i've seen and heard from him, and quite frankly I'm not impressed. If you think I'm expecting too much from him, that's fair enough, but that's how I see it.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

And you would like him to fit the bill for a of that ?
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Sorry JW, but ALL draftees have to sign on for 2 years - he had no choice in that. But as for extending his contract to remain with us, he's under no obligation at all. He's perfectly entitled to delay signing until the very last minute...or not to sign at all. I'm perfectly aware of that. I'm simply expressing my feelings towards a player and his manager who has fobbed off all attempts to finalise his contract extension since the middle of last year. He's certainly entitled to do that, but i'm equally entitled not to be impressed by such an attitude. I much prefer players like De Goey, Maynard, Moore and Ramsay - who were thrilled to be offered contract extensions and publicly said so. At the end of the day, for supporters like me, outside of the inner sanctum, our feelings and attitudes towards players are largely determined by the way they display their passion towards our club. I can only judge him on what i've seen and heard from him, and quite frankly I'm not impressed. If you think I'm expecting too much from him, that's fair enough, but that's how I see it.
yes, yes. you and i are diametrically opposed in our views of both what may happen and schazza's character. i think it's best we both retain a vow of silence until an outcome is achieved otherwise i will accuse you of being related to susan. :wink: :)
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote: i know you are tough on him but that is ridiculous. drafted in november 2013, signed a 2 year contract. he is under no obligation (other than a moral one, perhaps, but even that is a stretch) to sign before his contract expires.
yes, yes. you and i are diametrically opposed in our views of both what may happen and schazza's character. i think it's best we both retain a vow of silence until an outcome is achieved otherwise i will accuse you of being related to susan. :wink: :)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote: Sorry JW, but ALL draftees have to sign on for 2 years - he had no choice in that. But as for extending his contract to remain with us, he's under no obligation at all. He's perfectly entitled to delay signing until the very last minute...or not to sign at all. I'm perfectly aware of that. I'm simply expressing my feelings towards a player and his manager who has fobbed off all attempts to finalise his contract extension since the middle of last year. He's certainly entitled to do that, but i'm equally entitled not to be impressed by such an attitude. I much prefer players like De Goey, Maynard, Moore and Ramsay - who were thrilled to be offered contract extensions and publicly said so. At the end of the day, for supporters like me, outside of the inner sanctum, our feelings and attitudes towards players are largely determined by the way they display their passion towards our club. I can only judge him on what i've seen and heard from him, and quite frankly I'm not impressed. If you think I'm expecting too much from him, that's fair enough, but that's how I see it.

You got me JW. It is the question that begs to be aslked. Who TF is Susan. :roll:
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Except for the next 3, or more.
kill for collingwood!
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

roar wrote:
Except for the next 3, or more.
You're encouraging me again roar. :roll:
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote: yes, yes. you and i are diametrically opposed in our views of both what may happen and schazza's character. i think it's best we both retain a vow of silence until an outcome is achieved otherwise i will accuse you of being related to susan. :wink: :)

You got me JW. It is the question that begs to be aslked. Who TF is Susan. :roll:
the poster otherwise known as thompsoc. it stems from a reference king monkey made in another thread.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

John Wren wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

the poster otherwise known as thompsoc. it stems from a reference king monkey made in another thread.
That's blasphemy! :x