The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 74 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Had lunch with an ole friend today who told me that we are into McCluggage in a massive way.
He’s friends with Lipinski (knows Josh D as well) and Lipinski has been singing the praises of the club to him if he decides to leave Brisbane.
Rumour is if he comes to Victoria we will be his club of choice.
Club hasn’t made a “formal” offer but has apparently indicated to his management that we have 6 year deal at over $1 a year waiting if he’s interested.
We mightn’t offer the most $$$$ but he’s still keen to go to a club with a premiership chance and he likes the way we play.
He would be huge get for us
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

I had Stevo marked as a 10+ year gem in our side, but I was wrong on all counts.

I don't wish to make light of a trade loss(A Tr), but this is footy. Is OHenry really irreplaceable? Him or Bayley Fritsch?

I can't think of any 'bad' trades haunting me.

We have our wins too. Bobby has done ok, and many others.
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by piffdog »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
I can't think of any 'bad' trades haunting me.
Neither can I really. This is a good way to look at it. Not many have had a waaay better career elsewhere, and none have singlehandedly won cups.

Witts is going ok, Heater was good at GWS, Beams was a loss to Brissy, but thats a pretty select group. The flip side is of course that if you can replace them you think about the losses even less (just like your teenage girlfriends!).
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Post by BazBoy »

Fair Dinkum or Fugazi???
On Footy Talk yesterday Daisy Thomas regaled the quality of Sam Darcy (Doggies) saying he’ll be best big man in the game in coming years
Then said Collingwood had an offer for him. 6 million (didn’t say the length of the time attached)
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:I had Stevo marked as a 10+ year gem in our side, but I was wrong on all counts.
Hey, we all were. Problem is/was: he's a belligerent narcissist, who thought he was indespensible.
Charlie Oneeye wrote:I don't wish to make light of a trade loss (A Tr), but this is footy. Is OHenry really irreplaceable? Him or Bayley Fritsch?
Oli is a huge loss talent-wise, but his heart was elsewhere; so be it.
We don't miss him at the minute, but fear we will in years to come.
Much better forward than one-trick pony Frayley Bitsch.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

One about Keane returning to Collingwood going round. And would require a trade.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by K »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:I had Stevo marked as a 10+ year gem in our side, but I was wrong on all counts.
Nah, just do the typical Nickster thing and don't admit anything! Claim it was a typo! In 2019, you really meant to write:

"I have Stevo marked as a 10+ year germ in our side."
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

qldmagpie67 wrote:Had lunch with an ole friend today who told me that we are into McCluggage in a massive way
Can you imagine McCluggage and N Daicos? This would be another 3 or 4 premiership contending years. Alas, I suspect it wont happen, these bloody good bastards just have a habbit of staying at the clubs who have done well by them in the past and they think highly of... :P

I doubt he'll leave, but if he does, he'd be a great get. We should also be into H. Reid in 3 years - surely every Victorian club will be after him and if we can get in a "premiership window" we might have half a spade in the sand :P

- Ben
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Pick 4 was a bargain for Naicos. Pick 1 looks like being a bargain for H.Reid also. He’s playing unrestrained and seemingly allowed to just enjoy it. A few of the recent draftees have shown high performance and highlights early including Ashcroft and Sheezel. With JHG in there and probably Gulden slightly before that there’s some young elite talent coming through and lots of challenges to come.

Very happy we have one of these next gen players already. Apart from the JHF saga I can’t imagine what a trade would like for one of these players once they’ve shown a bit and established themselves.

Going to be some potentially exciting FA and trade periods coming this year and next with our retirees

Would love to have McLuggage too
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Presti35 wrote:One about Keane returning to Collingwood going round. And would require a trade.
I don't buy it. Surely if he had wanted to come back to us and we wanted him, we would have got him instead of Adelaide.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 74 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Update on McCluggage, he’s unlikely to leave now
Lions have made him a attractive offer (using the savings from Zorko pending retirement) to top it up
They are likely to have to cut loss 1 or 2 others but looks like McCluggage will remain a Lion unless something drastic happens
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

^ That sucks!

But if he wants to win a Premiership.....
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: The Carringbush Rumour File (JUST the rumour pls)

Post by LaurieHolden »

Adelaide defender Mark Keane continues to be linked with his former club Collingwood.

Source:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/07/31/ ... a-trade-to
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

4th round pick at best.
- Side By Side -
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

slangman wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:35 pm 4th round pick at best.
Hine: "Here. Here's our 2025 first rounder for him; take it, it's yours..."
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever