#11 Shane O'Bree

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

#11 Shane O'Bree

Post by Culprit »

I may be alone here, but O'Bree’s form this year is terrible. I question where his endeavour lays, is it for the team? Or is it form him?

This year his performances I feel are unworthy of senior selection. My disappointment of him as an on baller this year reflects how our team has performed in many games. He needs to lift his work rate and the perception I have he gets tagged out of a game to easy. He can play great one week and piss poor for five weeks. In some games I actually wonder if he is playing and look at the stats and see he has had some possessions. He is a senior player and should lead by example as well. This is not intended to bag him as a player and when he is focussed he plays great, just lately his attention to the game appears it’s not there.

My record is good when I have a go at a player they play good the next week in this case two weeks.
CQ

Post by CQ »

and who would you replace him with? you seem to be forgetting THE WHOLE GODDAM TEAM IS PATHETIC and we are losing games we shouldnt.
but who would you replace them with? we have no one!

WE HAVE NO DEPTH! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHH

(lol now ill go and take my medication)
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Actually I would go with MCG or Rup, I know they may be a little slower the fact is they have a go. The way OBree plays at times you don't know if he is playing anyway.
Lockyer24

Post by Lockyer24 »

Obies been playing you say?

He's good at the old clearances, but he really needs to improve his link up play and win the ball around the ground a bit more.

I thought we may have found a spot for him on the HFF after the Crows game but since then he's been unsighted.
d9 tank

Post by d9 tank »

Good traid bait also. Suprisingly opposition seem to rate him at least a little.

O'Bree for Matty Robbins? Does anyone think this could be possible? Would be a huge win for us if it did eventuate.
pepstar

Post by pepstar »

U can't single any single player out.. Because the Whole team has been inconsistent..
We need to get some momentum ie: win 2-3 games in a row.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Fair point that us needing to be more consistent.
Obrees_girl

Post by Obrees_girl »

I think he went ok on the hawks but he is good one week average the next
obree wins brownlow for the 5th time in a row!!!!
ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

dane swan.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I am not going to name, names but some of the players have been down this year. Not just one, seems a bit harsh naming just one player.
lethalburns

Post by lethalburns »

Compared to

I fall over when the wind blows,

I cant run,

I cant tackle,

I am a goal hog,

from Melbourne,

O'bree is a star...

I'd love to know why magpie supporters have adopted this guys like their own... He dooes not play like he has a collingwood heart, thats for certain..

If you want specifics....

I shall have trouble forgetting that he had a free guy to handpass to during the hawks game and decided to snap a heros goal out on the full whilst being tackled... Also that his only great game was played with no man on him for 4 quarters. My biggest gripe though is that he gives off the aura that his not a team player..

For the salary his probably on.... There is one word to describe him.. And I need not say what it is..

/end Rant
STOKA35

Post by STOKA35 »

O bree is not a match winner he will never win a game of his own boot.He is a honest running player who can link up with the other on ballers and carry the ball over the lines teams need players like him.At the moment he isnt playing well and neither are the other midfielders i think he should be given the next 2 games to prove his worth if he doesnt deliver then you can consider dropping him.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

Based on form, its hard to see why he gets a run and scoots doesn't.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Some good points are being made. I am not just having a go at O'Bree we have a another week without footy I am sure I can have a go at 3/4's of the team by then. :P

Scoots has been playing well, I would like to see him play 4 quarters. Dane Swan is simply to light to go on the ball. Has ability but really needs 20 kilos of muscle to be an on baller. Leon Davis has been thrown in the centre to really no affect. Rupert was great last year when thrown on the ball and did enough at Windy Willy last week to be promoted.

O'Bree has never been a match winner and I never said he was, I just feel if he increased his effort it would benifit our midfield. It should not be left to Burns, Bucks & Lica our most consitant players to win us a game.

Last year the whole team was consitant for most of the year. We now have 4 or 5 that are consitant and the others are so spasmodic in their approach it pisses me off.
Blanch

Post by Blanch »

I can't remember which year it was....it was about 3 years ago I think, OB was almost the best midfielder in the comp. His form week in, week out was awesome. Does anyone else remember this or was I eating the wrong muffins back then?

Please OB get back to this form we know you can.
My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).