#49, #10 Rupert Betheras

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

peter_pies4ever

#49, #10 Rupert Betheras

Post by peter_pies4ever »

Can he get back into the team? I believe there should be a spot for him he adds hardness and is handy around goals. Malthouse did not give him enough game time these past few weeks therefore he hasn't been able to prove himself and cement a place in the team. Why does Malthouse do this to players? He has done this to Scotland numerous times, Kinnear, Cole and now Betheras. What is the point of picking players if you are only going to give them limited game time and therefore only a small chance to prove that they are worthy of cementing a place in the team?
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

I guess when players don't have much time on the ground they really have to take the bull by the horns as McGough did last week, and go flat out.
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

No one has a right to a permanent spot in the team. We have a lot more depth and there are a lot of good players battling away at Williamstown. Some of them will be pushing up for a place next year.

The competition for a place is healthy, and if a player finds himself on the outer it's only fair that he's going to have to fight like hell to regain his place. I love Leon Davis, but I'm under no illusions about the fight he faces to get back in our starting 18.

All players do bench time and I don't think MM is much different to other coaches in his use of it. Mark McGough made it plain in last week he aims to make every post a winner to regain his spot. Scotland, if recalled, will have to do the same.

Holland and Ben Johnson both found themselves doing time at Willi prior to reclaiming permanent spots for themselves. Don't get me wrong, I'm an admirer of Rupert, but I don't think he's being unfairly victimised here. The only way he can get around this is to make a greater impression when he's on the ground - simple as that.

Weed
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
HotPies90

Post by HotPies90 »

And peter_pies4ever, I think you'll find that roop has been given reasonable game time and has been dropped after being pretty average for a few weeks in a row. I'm a big fan of his too but I was quite disappointed with his performance over the last few weeks and well, with cloke and clement coming back in - someone had to go.
"Here's to alcohol, the source of and answer to all of life's problems"
freddie foxx

Post by freddie foxx »

Bretheras is an honest individual, if you asked him about his form he would be dissappointed with it in the last two weeks, but do not rule him out, he is capable of being a definite link in collingwood success
practice makes perfect but perfect practice makes a champion-peter daicos
JLC

Post by JLC »

I think Betheras gets dragged to the bench quicker than some players when he makes a mistake more so at the start of the year. Coll v Rich round 1 he was dragged in first quarter and i still dont know what e did wrong.....lol

Betheras is in our best team imo and will return in around round 22 i hope.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

yes. and bring back Heath Scotland for **** sake!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Roop is a GUN and is by far in the best 22. The sooner he comes back, the better it will be. Have a look at our win/loss record when the Roopstar plays.
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
Foreverpies

Post by Foreverpies »

I agree MM20

We haven't lost a game since he come back in the side.
He might not get 20-30 poss. a week but he does a lot of unseen things.

He plays with passion and gutz, and I agree JLC, he is always the first to be dragged or dropped, but he still keep his head up.

We need Roop........NO RUPERT = NO WIN!
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

Anyone else notice that as soon as Rupert got dropped our winning streak stopped.

*insert x-files music here*
Barge
Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

Any chance while where on the subject of players not getting much game time that someone could tell me why Al Didak spends so much time on the pine. We insist on continually going with 3 or 4 talls in the forward line which is all good against poor backlines like Geelong or the Doggies.

But against a Brisbane defence, I think we are caught out as too predictable. Dides is in the team to kick goals, so play him near them!!!

By the way, we need more Rupert Betheras's in the team! Hard at it, accountable and helps out the likes of Bucks, Licca and Woewy by doing the 1%'s, week in week out.
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Hehe spot on Forever Pies. Hows the banner coming along?? :P
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I think Rupert might find his way back in, maybe for McGough, I don't know if they would drop McGough, or who, but I'd like to see Rupe back in the side, and playing well.
Geoffy Pie

Post by Geoffy Pie »

bring back heath scotland as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor men wanna be rich
Rich men wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfed till he rules everything
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I think Scotland is injured, from the Tasmanian game on Friday Night.