* who r all the players maybe coming to the pies?*

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

hotwoey_2

* who r all the players maybe coming to the pies?*

Post by hotwoey_2 »

sorry everyone!
i woz just wondering who r all
the layers that might be coming to
collingwood?? i'm really confused
could people pllez update me
thanku's!
GO PIES - hayles!
Daks

Post by Daks »

ok, there is talk that we could get: nathan brown (not much chance though as he wants to go to bitchmond), dean solomon( not likely),nick stevens and lindsay gilbee. these are the only ones ive heard of...
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Sorry, but I just couldn't help myself when I saw this comment:
woz just wondering who r all
the layers that might be coming to
collingwood??
We could start with an on-baller, Chicken Man (he's everywhere, he's everywhere), then try for a key position player in Foghorn Leghorn.

:roll:
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
labrooy

Post by labrooy »

Dale,

Don't know that Foghorn Leghorn does too much laying... unless you are referring to the hens.. ;-)
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Yeah, I realise that, and neither would Chicken MAN, but that was the first thing I thought about when I read the post.

Another 'layer' we could consider would be Chicken Little, but he would only be selected when we play at Telstra Dome (afraid the sky might fall on him).
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
rhain

Post by rhain »

Nathan Brown has gone to Richmond.

Dean Solomon will stay at Essendon.

Nick Stevens is about a 70% chance to come to Collingwood.

Lindsay Gilbee is only young and friends with Chris Tarrant, has to be a chance.
VictoryPark

Post by VictoryPark »

Rhain.....f.y.i. Tazza is also good mates with Nathan Brown and Dean Solomon and think he may also be mates with Mark Alvey.....

Solomon likely to leave Essendon......
"If they are to trying to get revenge they will lose" - MM classic one liner in the lead up to the Port game.
MagpieInSeattle

Post by MagpieInSeattle »

Nick Stevens would be more than a 70% chance to come to Collingwood. There is no way that a player of this quality that has moved back to Melbourne already and wants to play for the team that he barracked for should not be at the club next season.

I doubt that Nathan Brown would be wanted because he is more interested in money and we don't need both Stevens and Brown. Dean Solomon has a spot in the Richmond backline, but would not have a position like that available for him at Collingwood, and besides, his leg is still crook.

I don't know much about Lindsay Gilbee, but I do have a roughie though. There has to be some chance that Collingwood could be looking at taking Matthew Richardson away from Richmond and discussions could already be underway. If he wants to play without the pressure that he has had at Richmond, and under a good coach, then it would be best for everybody.

I think that Malthouse could bring out the best in him, and I know that Danny Frawley cannot. He would have less pressure with Rocca and Tarrant in the forward line as well and he would only be expected to contribute at Collingwood instead of star at Richmond. I have always wondered how good Richardson could actually be in a good side, and there are quite a few Richmond supporters that do feel it's time for hime to go. Many journos have felt this way for years.

If it does happen, then it could be a three way deal between Collingwood, Richmond and the Western Bulldogs.

The other possibility of a tall forward coming to Collingwood is Trent Croad and this is more likely. There is no doubt that he wants to return from Perth, and he has not been the same since Hawthorn controversally traded him to Freo for the draft pick they used for Luke Hodge. He is not entitled to expect the $350,000 that he is currently on though, and this would have to be discussed of course, but he is similar to Richo in that he would only be asked to contribute instead of star as Freo wanted from him.

Players that Collingwood could use are Leon Davis, Heath Scotland, Mark McGough, Rupert Betheras, Steve McKee and draft picks for Stevens and Richardson/Croad. More than one club would quite possibly be involved in it too. For example, St.Kilda could definitely use Steve McKee, and Fremantle want Heath Black back from St.Kilda. St.Kilda don't need a Trent Croad type as much as they need a ruckman, but Collingwood could use him!
^*Cl|T*^

Post by ^*Cl|T*^ »

Can someone please tell me (list) which players resigned contracts this year and are therefore untradeable due to AFL rules?

I think the only obvious delisting/quitting/retiring players are;
Jarrod Molloy
Rupert Betheras (possible trade bait)
Glenn Freeborn
Mark Richardson

So that should make the min. required of 3 list spaces available for draft selections.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Everyone who is out of contract is coming to Collingwood if you listen to their managers. :P
PiesRock

Post by PiesRock »

they just all wanna be with us
we know we are the future
GO PIES!!!