Gayfers Brother

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Louis

Gayfers Brother

Post by Louis »

With all the trade talk well and truly over now, it might be an idea to start looking at best possible value for picks 17 and 35, seeing we have already committed to the Shaw's, in the upcoming draft.
I have not really seen much of this kid but by all reports his as tough as his brother but can actually play(tongue in cheek), I think we should look for another tall either to go back or forward in lieu of another midfield option. Brayden Shaw is apparently a very capable young midfielder and an otherwise top ten pick so I think we should look at a tall with pick 17.
I say lets look at Gayf version 2 not only cos he can play but cos thers a bit of romance in it if we draft him. I'd love a tough as nails backman and he would just about fit the bill.
I suffer from a compulsive manic love for Collingwood disorder.Born with it, cant be treated,cant be cured!!!
garth p

Post by garth p »

He is a very good young KPP.
labrooy

Post by labrooy »

I saw him in the U18 GF which is probably not a good indicator but he did seem to have a bit of potential about him. We probably need to concentrate on getting a young KPP with a bit of athleticism though.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

don't forget Tommy Davidson,if he can come up next year( after knee op.) as well as C.Cloke & Richards then we start to look a hell of a lot better than just having Tazz & Ant
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

garth p wrote:He is a very good young KPP.
Ah, but can he be another "human blanket" like his big brother?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

How can he be Mick Gayfer's brother? there must be 20 years between them!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

His dad is also his grandpa...

kidding. :lol:
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Another Gayfer in the team scares the crap out of me - please tell me there are no more Kerrisons or Mansons floating around.
Buon Giorno
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Has Jason Wild or Luke Godden got any brothers??......:-) Maybe Patto?

Arrrggghhh!!!

Lazza
johnny@

Post by johnny@ »

Sons of former players, romantic stuff but very rearly do they live up to it. Forget about sons of Gayfer, Picken, Barham and the like, they need to earn their passage to Vic Prk and not swan in on someone else's reputation!!!
Blanch

Post by Blanch »

Patto was a sensation! What about Andrew Tranquilli? Who could forget his game against the eagles...I know none of the WA Pies supporters will forget him.
My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
zoia

Post by zoia »

Andrew Tranquilli thats going back to early 90s isnt it i think he wore 37 didnt he long sleeve
President Ted Parker

Post by President Ted Parker »

Tranquilli went to Box Hill then to Springbank in the Central Highlands league near Ballarat and moved to the Geelong League where he has been a dominant player.

I'm pretty sure he married either an Australian Basketballer or netballer. So the off-spring could be pretty handy. Wouldn't qualify for father and son though.
I should have never been sacked as the president of the Collingwood Football Club.
colt

Post by colt »

There is a David Gayfer (brother) playing at East Burwood in the EFL.
I hope you don't mean him :?
Joel

Post by Joel »

johnny@ wrote:Sons of former players, romantic stuff but very rearly do they live up to it. Forget about sons of Gayfer, Picken, Barham and the like, they need to earn their passage to Vic Prk and not swan in on someone else's reputation!!!
What are you talking about? It's Gayfer's younger brother.