Why

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

zoia

Why

Post by zoia »

Last night the cheersquad had a brief meeting at viccy park, i anit stiring the pot but maybe a few hear may be abke to answer my questions why wasnt the commitee of cs chosen by the cheersquad, whats the crieta to actually get picked. Coz otherwise it just seems like a popluarlarty contest. I was happy last yr but maybe others may have decided they wanted a go at doing it, least then there could have been a vote. I thought Collingwood was a peoples club
magpies are 2 good

Post by magpies are 2 good »

i didnt go to the cheersquad meeting (i had other things planned). but i would like 2 know why was this commitee selected with out my knowledge or even with out my vote. the people that are on this that got picked will probably do nothing (no offence). reason why i say that was coz people were drinking alcohol when the cheersquad is a DRY ZONE and no 1 did anything bout it. thats all i have 2 say so far when i get more info i mite post bak lol
Joe

Post by Joe »

Paul,unlike yourself I am not concerned about the overall running of things as it does not have any great bearing on the issues at the club and on my life.The only thing I expect is that these duties are carried out honestly and ethically.

Nevertheless for members that are really into it it,it would be rather concerning that some people have been removed from the board without explanation.Yet these very ones appeared to be the ones trying to make it all work.Yet others have remained who have done nothing but cause division and furthermore others appointed who have never ever been remotely involved on face value.

This would be a concern to members that take it all to heart.Having said that not all is as seems on face value and the decisions could be totally justified.

I may or may not have attended the meeting regardless of the time it was held but I have never heard of such stupidity in my life.That, is too hold a meeting at 6.00pm on a week night.For The Virgin Mother Marys sake how can those that work full time get to such a meeting.This time creates a meeting that is totally unrepresentative of the cheersquad.This fact was made evident by the small turn out.

Please someone explain, not for me but for members who being part of the cheersquad is there whole reason for existing.I am sure that all can be explained logically.It is only fair on them.I make this plea for the silent ones who dont have the courage and strength to raise these issues for themselves.They deserve an answer.
CHEERS JOE
Last edited by Joe on Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Magpie_Dan

Post by Magpie_Dan »

Back when kath Johnson used to run the Cheersquad, there would be a meeting held at the start of the year about a few weeks to a month before the season if I can remember correctly!

It was the peoples decision who would be on the comittee and who would be president! There would be pieces of paper with the committee posistion on it and you would write whos name you wanted to do the job for that year! Guess its all changed now aye?

Paul mate being in this line of work plus your own job is hard work believe me! Dont be upset mate im sure if you are in the squad for a few more years you might be able to get to be on the commitee!

As for a popularity contest I find it to be like that sometimes aswell! Its the same old people witht eh same old jobs and it hardly ever changes for as long as that person is in the squad!

ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW PAUL, ITS WHO YOU KNOW!

(removed offensive reference - foxy)
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
zoia

Post by zoia »

oh no daniel i anit complaing i didnt get in, i dont wanna be just others might have liked to be