The Rules Have Changed Forever!

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

Hanskies

Post by Hanskies »

Personally I think that there should be more women around the clubs, working with the guys in whatever capactity that they maybe qualified for... Too much testosterone flying around the clubs.
I just hope though that the AFL, the club etc do something, last thing you want to see is behaviour such as that that has been alleged !

BTW Girls- Please keep this thread about the topic as a whole, even though names have been named at StKilda I dont want them named on here, or any other names! This is a very touchy thread and the last thing we want is to be accusing innocent parties, or a defamation suit. REMEMBER INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY !
bec

Post by bec »

This is a very touchy topic, i know that this is going to change the way some of the guys act around people from outside the club. i dont think though that this should stop people from becoming friends with the boys, i just think maybe people should stop and think about what they may be getting themselves into, players included.This will then reduce the chances of anything untoward happening
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m

Post by TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m »

id luv 2 work at the footy club id do n e thing even clean their socks n shoes if it meant i was puttin my bit into the club!

im sure there r heaps of jobs both males n females can do!

if i was fitter id wanna be a runner but sheree and i said we would put our hands up to be water gurls!

i think if more gurls were around the clubs then they wouldnt make so much fuss over the chicks that go partin with the boys! Its ashame this has happened in AFL but we as gurls have to make sure that the players still feel comfortable around us and not always worrin whether they r doin sumthin wrong!
*~Luv Always Tara~*
nato nero e bianco
dado nero e bianco!!
Interesting more Sinkers than Floaters....
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Girls, the way a woman gets into the footy department is exactly the same way a man does... hard work and determination.
There are uni courses at Deakin, Victoria Uni and at LaTrobe that give you a qualificiation in Sport Management or the like. After that, you just work your butt off.
Things like these scandals wouldn't happen as much if there was a better female perspective in all areas of sport... we've just gotta make it happen!
CQ

Post by CQ »

hey tess, love the avatar lol!!
supa-gal

Post by supa-gal »

Tess wrote:What positions are available to woman within a Football department, not the club as such the actual Footy Department?

Any ideas!
Women can do anything. From Player Welfare to Football Manager to Stats. As long as you're good at it it doesn't REALLY matter what sex you are.
Champions don't make excuses... They make history.
CQ

Post by CQ »

well tess im with sarah on this one

"Girls, the way a woman gets into the footy department is exactly the same way a man does... hard work and determination."

thats exactly right.
burntime

Post by burntime »

Tess wrote:What positions are available to woman within a Football department, not the club as such the actual Footy Department?
Last time I checked our dietician was a woman... there's one example of how a woman can work in the football department.