Tangible value of the cheer squad?

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Dr. Rock

Tangible value of the cheer squad?

Post by Dr. Rock »

In todays game of professionalism one could wonder the worth or value of cheer squads or suporters in general.

Given the events of the past few games i think you could almost see tangible proof of the cheer squad. Listening to the game on air you can hear the cheer squad singing, lifting the crowd. How could this not lift the players. Kicking in when opposition players are in front of cheer squad.
I am convinced at lease 2 errors, one leading directly to a goal came about because of the hurrying up of the player,partially thru theumpire but also the cheer squad. I swear Leon Davis smiled when the chant of NEON LEON went up and certain weagles looked over their shoulders at us.

Interestingly i recall Peter Bell coming over before the dcokers game and chatting, showing the tact and the balls a certain st.kilda defender could well try to emulate!
JAMESMANSON

Post by JAMESMANSON »

I absolutely agree Dr Rock..there is only one thing missing- when is the little rock comming back to the football??
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

The cheer squad has never been better and it keeps getting better, in times gone bye some people for what ever reason tried there hardest to disrupt the cheer squad and its direction these people have now moved on and we are always aware that through envy and jelousy some others would dearly love to see this cheer squad collapse..it will never happen.

The cheer squads importance on match day week after week has proven to be a major positive.

Well done to all.
Springa

Post by Springa »

IM PROUD TO PART OF COLLINGWOOD AND FUTHUR MORE, PART OF THIS GREAT CHEERSQUAD!! :D
-------------------------------------------
-WOEY IS A LEDGEND-
-TAZZA RULES-
-BUCKS IS A CHAMPION-
-THE PIES ROCK-
-------------------------------------------
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

Little rock coming most likely Monday. He has some thank-yous to say!
Peter

Post by Peter »

There is no doubt about it...we are getting louder and louder each week. Its a credit to all involved. I am loving being a part of it and each week there seems to be something that makes us the unique and absolute best cheer sqaud to walk the planet.
To stand in the middle of the winners circle after the game with Joffa swinging the flag high into the night sky. Singing till we can't sing no more. Its all part of as Brucey would say "Something SPECIAL". we are a great bunch and its an honour to have met all of you over the last 2 years. Looking forward to many many more years of success both on and of the ground.
YESTERDAY is history
TOMORROW in a mystery
TODAY IS A GIFT
WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY