Weekend of 10th / 11th June game

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

magpie_from_sydney

Weekend of 10th / 11th June game

Post by magpie_from_sydney »

Hi Guys ,
travelling down from Sydney this weekend for the annual QB game & thought I'd come and catch a Willy game as well as I've never caught one of their games when i have been down previously. My 12 yo old son wants to see the young up & comers.

Question, I believe they are playing at home on Sunday afternoon?
Can anyone give me an idea on how long from Diamond Creek , as that is where I am staying , with my Cousin & his family. Only know that area & how to get to the G. Is there public transport or do i need to drive?

Any help , suggestions on time to arrive at game etc etc etc would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Justin
" Bring Back Daics "
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

You can take public transport, not sure how close the train is to the ground however. But its probably easy enough, take the train into the city and then out again to Williamstown

As for driving you probably need to give yourself atleast an hour, the ressies are on beforehand so you can arrive at any time after 11 and see some footy, parking situation, well there is lots of parking, but the earlier the arrive the closer you can park to the ground.

Seniors Game starts at 2
Maxwell86

Post by Maxwell86 »

Justin,

Williamstown Railway Station is only 5 minutes from the ground. However, I would suggest that public transport from Diamond Creek would take half of the day. I would also recommend to get there a little early to get a seat in the grandstand - expecting 12 degrees and rain!
Maxwell86
magpie_from_sydney

Post by magpie_from_sydney »

cheers guys.
12 & rain, super, just the type of weather I love.
" Bring Back Daics "
Captain_Cloke

Post by Captain_Cloke »

I might travel to Port Gellibrand Oval this weekend to watch Williamstown take on Geelong as well. I liked what I saw last week, despite the loss, it was a quality spectacle!
Collingwood For Life!