Round 12 v Box Hill Away

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Round 12 v Box Hill Away

Post by eddiesmith »

Box Hill Hawks v Williamstown
Sunday 2nd July
Box Hill City Oval at 2.00pm

Box Hill Hawks

B Bull Gilham Thurgood
HB Johnson Dawson Tuck
C B. Kane Ball Ellis
HF Boyle Dowler King
F Little Cook Height
R M. Bailey Williams McGlynn
Int Kelleher Crook Weinert
Miller Murphy Marcius
Jolley Gibson

Williamstown

B Morrison Wakelin O'Brien
HB Stanley J. Cloke Swan
C Greene Lloyd Thomas
HF Br. Johnson Rusling Rowe
F Williams C. Cloke Iacobucci
R Fanning Pendlebury Davies
Int Galea Cox Walker
Lawry Nicholls Iles
Rose Anthony Toovey
Tallis Picken McKenzie

Obviously atleast 4 of those Collingwood listed players wont play, what a shame, that side would be unbeatable at VFL level :P

Doubt we will be seeing many pies fans out at Box Hill this week with the Pies on at the same time, but I am sticking to the VFL, much more relaxed atmosphere and alot closer to home which is easier after umpiring
collingwoodjoe

Post by collingwoodjoe »

great to have someone there who can give us a report on the CFC listed players eddiesmith! I'm feeling a bit starved for info after the thin info post the Werribee clash!
Keep up the good work!
go pies!
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

collingwoodjoe wrote:great to have someone there who can give us a report on the CFC listed players eddiesmith! I'm feeling a bit starved for info after the thin info post the Werribee clash!
Keep up the good work!
Well there wasnt really much to say about them, plus I was a little distracted, all day i felt the Willy blokes were winning it for Willy and when the Clokes dont dominate, I lose interest :wink: :P
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by Big T »

Ridiculous having Willy and the Pies play at the same time.
Buon Giorno
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Agree with Big T. Who made that call? :?
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Happening again next week as well, although with the Pies v Saints being a sellout, maybe some more can on come down to Coburg
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Yep, shocking, didnt stop raining all day, only 3 players could handle it for Willy, 33, 34 and 53 although Cam only took the 3 contested marks in the first 15minutes before his season probably ended with a dislocated shoulder

Jason and Rowe were superb for the rest of the day, Yakka and Davies were alright, seemed to get some of the ball but hard to tell in the wet

Lost by about 20 points in the wet, even the Ressies struggled to a 15 point win or something, had the Box Hill blokes talking of premierships getting so close to the dominant team in shit conditions, was quite funny

Didnt see the Ressies, arrived late in the last, but they must have had a strong Pies presence or we have injuries galore, not many played for the seniors

Rowe, Rusling, Yakka, Davies, Cam, Jase, Fanning, Cox, Stanley, Toovey and Nicholls I noticed out there

Cox couldnt get his hands on the ball all day. Rusling was quiet, Stanley did some stupid things when he got near it

Fanning was average, was absolutely smashed in the ruck, got a few touches late in the game

Very disappointing day allround it seems
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Thanks, Eddie. Doesn't sound too good.
although Cam only took the 3 contested marks in the first 15minutes before his season probably ended with a dislocated shoulder
Any official news on this (from Williamstown)?
footyfan

young maggies

Post by footyfan »

Interesting to hear about how well Rowe played today.....I think that is two or three times he has been BOG for Willy...and has been in the best group quite a few times this year.....

It strikes me as very difficulot for young players when they are in the team one week and out the next ....
perhaps coaches would do better to tell young players that they have say 3 or 4 matches and that they will be in the team as long as they are injury free...
that way they can have some confidence that one or two mistakes will not put them out of the seniors unless they are consistently disastrous for a few matches in a row. Its not as of the rest of the team are starring without exception, plenty of players had dreadful stats against Melbourne .....sometimes I can't help wondering whether too many of our players do not play to the first man available....
if you want to see how this is done have a look at the bulldogs....whoever is there gets the ball star or not, ....

captain or first gamer......
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Did morrison play?
lawboy

conspiracy theory

Post by lawboy »

Has it been confirmed that eddiesmith is actually Mrs Cloke yet?
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

No the Crab did not play, a bloody joke that both sides lost in the rain and one of the pies best wet weather players played for neither team
collingwoodjoe

Post by collingwoodjoe »

did Iles play?
go pies!
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

I dont recall seeing him out there so probably not