#24 Tarkyn Lockyer

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

BUCKS

Is Tarkyn Lockyer overrated?

Post by BUCKS »

MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Lol well i think ur gonna cop some abuse from soem Tarkyn obsessed girls.

I think his ethic and work rate is superb, not rivalled anywhere but i do think he's better suited in the backline or on a 4ward flank rather than in the midfield. Having said that I think hes an AWESOME player and i cant rate him highly enuf.

Floreat Pica - May the Magpies prosper
ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

as i posted on FTO;

SEASON 2002

shane crawford - 405 possessions. hawks B&F. 3rd in Brownlow. appointed Australian Captain.

Tarkyn Lockyer - 410 possessions. rewarded with new contract. bagged by fans.

conceed that crawford has greater effect in games but lockyer, even in an up and down year that 2002 was for him, continues to prove his worth. needs to get more of the hard ball though.
Pies Premiers 2003

Post by Pies Premiers 2003 »

Two words for TARKS...

ALL CLASS...

His skills are excellent and I think he may be suited better off a half back flank...

Having said that...his finals series was terrible Image by his standards...the occasion seem to get to him...but he will come back better and stronger next season

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
CQ

Post by CQ »

i reckon hes a legend and our future captain. great player, honest player, has a good attitude and is courageous.

overrated? I THINK NOT!
if anything he is underrated

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

I reckon Tarkyn is an excellent player! I don't think he is over-rated.
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

"I used to love seeing past players. Seeing them now and saying hello gives you a huge buzz. The passion and tradition around the club is fantastic and I love the way Collingwood supporters go about it- it certainly helps the way I play."- Jarrod Molloy

*~SeCrEt SqUiRrEl & gUaCaMoLeS 4EvA!~*
Blanch

Post by Blanch »

Is Tarks overrated? I don't care if he's the most overrated player in the comp (he's not IMO). As I've said in 100 other posts, I trust MM to use the cattle as required. Tarkyn is an integral part of that cattle as far as MM is concerned. If Tarks is good enough for MM then he's good enough for me.

So NO he's not overrated, he deserves all the plaudits he gets.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

No.

And I don't know why the hell people keep saying he is and doubting him.

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
Rowdy26

Post by Rowdy26 »

Overrated? No Way!

In fact I think its the opposite. His value to the team seems to be underated by so many people (particually some collingwood supporters). I cant stand it when supporters continually bag or knock him (and it happens way too much), especially when they doubt his courage. I think it must be the same people who tend to bag presti, fraser, rupe and lica. He might not have the natural skills and perfect build like other superstars in the AFL, but he makes damn good use of what he has. He does his job well and will continue to get better so long as he listens to the coach and ignores those who will always try and bring him down.
i_luv_tarkyn!

Post by i_luv_tarkyn! »

Tarkyn is under rated i believe, not just cos he is my fav player too. All the expert commentators always mention Bucks, Lika and Burnsie getting the ball out of the middle and setting up play in the forward line but Tarkyn also does this extremely well and always nails someone. He is very versatile and can play in the forward, midfield or back line. Being someone who has watched him for over three years and seeing his first game at Vic Park against Freo he has come such a long way and has become one of Shaw's best pick ups. Image

Go Tarkyn!
Luv Jess
carlabuckley_05

Post by carlabuckley_05 »

i say no.....he isn't overated

carla

there are two types of people ... those that barrack for collingwood ... and those that wish they did ...
tarkyns_gal

Post by tarkyns_gal »

in my opinion i think tarks is a great player, he has is off games as does any other player but im not going to be byast either and tell u that hes the greatest player in the world.

i think it will be good if he goes more into the forward line, hes an excellent kick at goal, not only does he kick them but have u noticed how many he sets up? plus im sure he would like that seeing as though he said feels pressured in the backline.

i agree about his ordinary form during the finals. but week in, week out he still gets his kicks.

peace xxx go pies
SPARKIN TARKYN

Post by SPARKIN TARKYN »

Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

As long as he's not kicking out from full back after a point - he's a definite start not matter what pie configuration you put on the park. he's got good skills too, just needs the right position.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Magpie_Dan

Post by Magpie_Dan »

Very underated if you ask me! I never hear the commentators give him any raps or anything along those lines, PFFFF SHOWS HOW MUCH THOSE SPUDS KNOW!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!