Where are the annual Balmey bread roll jokes?

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

DaVe86

Where are the annual Balmey bread roll jokes?

Post by DaVe86 »

Early discussions revolving around Geelong players Mark Blake, Kane Tenace and Brent Prismall have stalled on day 1. Geelongs president earlier stated that discussions have been put on hold whilst Neil Balme took an early lunch at 10:30 in order to get first dip at the bread rolls, and has not returned from lunch as yet. Discussions are not expected to resume until 4:00, but should only be short as dinner time will be close.

Cmon guys....its trade week...balmey bread rolls jokes should be keeping us going through all this quiet!!
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
nulla

Post by nulla »

:D :D :D
I have a lazy eye and I think it is now spreading throughout the rest of my body
spoljar

Post by spoljar »

I am just very happy that Balmey was able to beat his Anorexic problem.
nulla

Post by nulla »

Balmeys phone number

888 888 888
I have a lazy eye and I think it is now spreading throughout the rest of my body
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

who ate all the pies??? who ate all the pies???
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

DaVe86 wrote:who ate all the pies??? who ate all the pies???
Scott Cummings and Tony Lockett.
Rexy17

Post by Rexy17 »

Heard that big balmeys of the pies and into the dim sims this year
B.U.M.S ROCK...That's Ballarat United Magpies Supporters.....Long trip but even longer hangovers!
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

source of this rumour rexy17???
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

What's the difference between Neil Balme and a flesh-eating virus that consumes everything in it's path?

Balmey wears polo shirts.
Get back on top.
Dark Lord

Post by Dark Lord »

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the origin of the "Balmey/Bread Roll" thing?
"There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again." - Oscar Wilde
nulla

Post by nulla »

Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Word out of Geelong is Balmy has refused all trade offers until Gillies Pies truck up a selection of their finest from Sleepy Hollow.

All trade offers to Geelong are expected to include a selection of Boston Buns and White dinner rolls to "sweeten" the deal to Balmy's liking.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Rumour has it that they changed brands of bread roll and had also forgotten to put out the butter!

Balme was quoted:

"It's a bloody disgrace, I gave up some serious eating time on Collins Street to be here for Trade Negotiations and the AFL go and stuff things up by changing the bread rolls and forgetting to put out the butter. I swear I don't know how they expect proper trades to be negotiated when a guy has to put up with an inferior bread roll and make him rely on the Dozen Iced Donuts, 4 Hungry Man Four n Twenty Pies, 2 kilograms of Bacon, 6 fried eggs, 2 cans of Beans and a loaf of toast spread with marmalade to ensure he can concentrate on making the best deal possible for his club. They better get it right tomorrow or else all Geelong players are off the Trade table."

It was noted that later in the day the AFL made amends with Balme promising that the bread rolls and butter situation was to be rectified by tomorrow and gave Balme 5 dozen of China towns finest dim sims as compensation for their mistake.

Cheers
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Dark Lord wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what is the origin of the "Balmey/Bread Roll" thing?
I believe it goes back to when we tried to snare...um someone from Essendon but the fax went through late and the deal was not authorised by the AFL.....

That started rumours that the reason the deal got put through late is because Balme was too busy eating all the bread rolls at the time instead of ensuring the deal went through!

Can anyone remember the player?

Cheers
Rexy17

Post by Rexy17 »

Was it Joe Misti

Cheers 8)
B.U.M.S ROCK...That's Ballarat United Magpies Supporters.....Long trip but even longer hangovers!