Nick's 2008 Player Sponsorship

This forum is for news & views about Nick's Bulletin Board sponsored player Remember that this is 'our' player so we want to keep all posts positive and encouraging.

Moderator: bbmods

cobood

Post by cobood »

What about Marty Clarke? If we were to change... :)
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Cameron Wood ?
I am Da Man
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

Get Jack Back!
The Collingwood Turtle

Post by The Collingwood Turtle »

Toovey ?? :roll:
sam.

Re: 2008 Player Sponsorship

Post by sam. »

CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:Just wondering,

What is happening with the 2008 player sponsorship?

Are we continuing with Jack or going with someone new?

If we are going to be changing,I nominate Dale Thomas.
It depends what group Thomas is going to be in this year. Does any one know yet? Last year I remember him being in the 3rd group, with Anthony in the 4th.

I always thought majority of posters on here want to support the up and coming boys, which was why Anthony was given the go-ahead.
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

It depends what group Thomas is going to be in this year. Does any one know yet? Last year I remember him being in the 3rd group, with Anthony in the 4th.
Exactly, Sam.

The better they are, the more they cost. Unless people are willing to fork out big dollars, and the player wanted is not already sponsored (more than two sponsors a possibility I'm not sure)...
sam.

Post by sam. »

CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:Ah well.I'll wait and see which groups are sponsoring who and then decide who I'm putting my money behind.
What do you mean by groups? Other forums, people you know, .. ?
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Stick by JA. His year to blossom.
daicos35

Post by daicos35 »

CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:
sam. wrote:
CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:Ah well.I'll wait and see which groups are sponsoring who and then decide who I'm putting my money behind.
What do you mean by groups? Other forums, people you know, .. ?
Interstate supporter groups.Most likely Western Magpies as their secretary is one of my best friends.
Your friend is a top lady Crazy Daisy, me and the missus went to "The Club" with her when it was in Perth, had a ball. The wind beneath the wings of the Western Magpies. Gotta say Jock was brilliant in that show.
Robbo.D.yobbo

Re: 2008 Player Sponsorship

Post by Robbo.D.yobbo »

CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:I nominate Dale Thomas.
no suprises there :roll: :lol: :lol:
ktszyu1

Post by ktszyu1 »

Can someone please explain the whole sponsorship thing to me. I've never really taken the time to take notice.

Regardless, JA sounds like a good option to stick with because this will be he year to debut.
"We're goin places."
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

First, we need someone(s) to stand up and offer to co-ordinate the whole thing.

Then, given the experience of last year, I believe its only fair to give the people organising it a big say in the choice of player. There should be some recognition of all the hard work.
MargOZ

SPONSORSHIP UPDATE

Post by MargOZ »

PLAYER SPONSORSHIP 2008:

Hi guys, just back on board after holidays and ducking in to say I'm happy to organise the player sponsorship again this year if we have enough people interested.

I haven't received the new documentation from the Club yet regarding 2008 sponsorships, as that will tell us how much each player will cost to sponsor. We usually go for a younger player, partly as encouragement and partly because it is cheaper.

If you would like to participate in the sponsorship and know how much you would like to donate - please send me a PM or post it in this thread. Once we know whether we have enough interest and money, then we can arrange to sign up.

Also, once we know the costs for each player - I will start a thread requesting player preferences. It would be great to stick with JA and hopefully see him doing some great stuff out on the ground this year. Having said that, we will go with the majority decision.

Hope we can get lots of NBB members on board this year. Remember that we do have a number of prizes that we will raffle off including tickets to CFC events and we usually receive a signed jumper from the Club as well.

GO PIES!
Marg
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Thanks for organising sponsorship again Marg.

I'm in again this year - I'll PM you with how much.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

I'll be in it this year.... The last time I was in it (Luke Shackleton), you had to donate in multiples of $10, is this still the case or has inflation taken it's toll?
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?