Tim Walsh

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Tim Walsh

Post by Dave The Man »

I just found out he was the 4th Pick in the 2002 Draft.

So how Could he only play 2 Game for the Dogs then Wind up a Pie in the VFL?

Does anyone know how it happed?
I am Da Man
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

either got delisted by the dogs or walked out on them.

who cares he is playing with collingwood even if its the vfl side. but who knows next year might be playing for us in the afl
jonesy86

Post by jonesy86 »

injury crippled him, he has had about 3 knee recos already
Carn' the PIES!!!!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Having watched him up close at VFL training he'd have to have the most powerful pair of thighs I've ever seen. He's the strongest looking shortarse guy I've ever seen - and he can play too. He's sensational at stoppages.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

RudeBoy wrote:Having watched him up close at VFL training he'd have to have the most powerful pair of thighs I've ever seen. He's the strongest looking shortarse guy I've ever seen - and he can play too. He's sensational at stoppages.
Ditto
Played an excellent game on Saturday.
Cakewalk

Post by Cakewalk »

Tallest short arse ever , he'd have to be around the 195 mark , and he plays centre half forward not midfield.
Didn't have the body or the talent for AFL , a wasted pick at 4 , but let's hope he stars at VFL level for the pies.
"Are you an angry man? Are you envious? Do you get envious? I have competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. At times, I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. "
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Cakewalk wrote:Tallest short arse ever , he'd have to be around the 195 mark , and he plays centre half forward not midfield.
Didn't have the body or the talent for AFL , a wasted pick at 4 , but let's hope he stars at VFL level for the pies.
Perhaps I've got the wrong kid in mind. The guy I'm talking about is a short, about 180 cms, blonde mid fielder, built like a brick shithouse. Whoever he is, he's a real powerhouse at stoppages. I'll check out his identity at training on friday and let you know who he is.
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

You're probably thinking of Shane McDonald. Apparently, he was wearing the #5 last week.

Tim Walsh wore the #12 (at least that's what the team sheet showed).
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

is tim walsh the son of a guy that is in the afl like on a board of 1 of the clubs?

if he isnt dw.

just curious to know if he is or isn't
jonesy86

Post by jonesy86 »

-magpies are 2 good- wrote:is tim walsh the son of a guy that is in the afl like on a board of 1 of the clubs?

if he isnt dw.

just curious to know if he is or isn't
that rings a bell...I'm fairly sure he is Geoff Walsh's son

at the time there were stories saying how it would be strange for him as he was CEO at the Kangaroos when Tim was drafted by the dogs
Carn' the PIES!!!!
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Dale61 wrote:You're probably thinking of Shane McDonald. Apparently, he was wearing the #5 last week.

Tim Walsh wore the #12 (at least that's what the team sheet showed).
Too right Dale61, it's Shane McDonald. In fact, you've got a photo of him under the Geelong game thread. He's one tough customer, let me tell you.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

-magpies are 2 good- wrote:either got delisted by the dogs or walked out on them.

who cares he is playing with collingwood even if its the vfl side. but who knows next year might be playing for us in the afl
He signed up with Balwyn for good money. It's going to be interesting if the Pies want him permantly.
Mr. Chairman

Post by Mr. Chairman »

must be a dud of a top 5 pick for the dogs to get rid of him. even if he had done 10 knees they would've kept him if he was any good because of their dearth of tall forward talent.
He won't be going anywhere
I have it on good authority
It's a done deal