Places to stay in Brisbane?

For all the Queensland Magpies.

Moderators: rez_83, Northern Pie

MagpieMad

Places to stay in Brisbane?

Post by MagpieMad »

We are keen getting down to the Brisbane game this year and are looking for the best places to stay near the gabba and easy acces to the airport.
? any advice would be appreciated ;)

thanks ta ..
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
rumple

Post by rumple »

Not hard to accomplish both in Brisbane, as the Gabba is a few KM's from a train station.
For accom, I would suggest the Southern Cross Motel
http://www.motelsoutherncross.com.au/index.php/motel/
MInutes walk from the gabba, and across the road from the Pineapple Hotel.
You could catch a train to Southbank or the Valley, and hop a $10 cab from there.
You can see the Southbank train station on this map.
http://www.motelsoutherncross.com.au/index.php/map/
It is on Vulture st, and approx a 10-15 minute walk, or about $10 bucks in cab. You could call the place and see if they do free airport transfers.
Magpie Jack

Post by Magpie Jack »

I think there's one called the Queensland motel which is also walking distance from the ground and the Pineapple.
Bob Rose....the measuring stick of humanity
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

I rang the Southern Cross about 3 weeks ago. Price for 3 bed room 150 bucks a night. I sent an email last week and they replied with cost now 160 dollars. Sent an email friday from work saying Ok. Was sent one on the weekend saying price was now $259.00 and we allocated room 6.
I rang the paramount motel next door who offerred me what I wanted for $140.00 a night. The proprietor told me that many motels were now looking at footy fixtures and bumping the price in the Gabba area. So get in quick. I emailed the original place and told them I was not prepared to pay a 50 percent increase without justification and he could stick room 6. I have no reply so the best result would be if they kept the room and we are a no show. :evil:
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
fcain71

Post by fcain71 »

We stayed in one last year called Kangaroo motel, can't remember the exact price but I think less than $100. Easy walking distance to The piney and The Gabba.

Kangaroo Motel 624 Main St, Kangaroo Point QLD 4169(07) 3391 1145‎

Was cheaper than Queensland motel as we originally had a booking with them then canceled it after we found this one.

If your gunna book with them contact them directly as we booked through an accommodation website only to find that they hadn't been authorized to book their rooms for a year or more, lucky they still had one room left and at the price we were quoted otherwise i don't know what we would have done.