NBB Player Sponsorship - Q&A with BRENT...questions here

This forum is for news & views about Nick's Bulletin Board sponsored player Remember that this is 'our' player so we want to keep all posts positive and encouraging.

Moderator: bbmods

MargOZ

NBB Player Sponsorship - Q&A with BRENT...questions here

Post by MargOZ »

Q&A WITH BRENT MACAFFER

Hi everyone!

I have arranged for us to do a Q&A with Brent to learn more about our sponsored player, his likes and dislikes etc, and how his time at the Club has been going so far.

If you have a question for Brent, please post it in this thread. I will then put all the questions together in a couple of weeks time (I'm away on annual leave next week) - and will then post Brent's replies as soon as they come back.

Obviously keep all your questions NICE!!!!!! :wink:

ASK AWAY................

Marg
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

how did you feel when you discovered a fan forum was going to one of your sponsors?
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
tomoleary

Post by tomoleary »

It must've been amazing to run out onto the G on ANZAC day and manage to kick a goal?

Good luck with the injury. Hope you can get back out there soon.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Really impressed with your hardness at the contest Brent, I would like to see you in the midfield a little more in both VFL and AFL any chance of that happening do you think?

What's your favourite position on the ground?
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Macedonian Marvel #35

Post by Macedonian Marvel #35 »

Gday brent
Hope the knee pulls up good mate
Just wondering who's your best mate at the club?
And what is presti like around you boys compared to game day?

Cheers
die4pies

Post by die4pies »

Mr MacAffer,

Who was you idol as a kid?

Is 30 your preferred number? If not what number would you like to eventually wear?

Have you seen the movie The Club?

I know very well Karen Buckley, Roz Dick and Beth O'Brien. It only takes 5 minutes to see why their kids have turned out to be such wonderful people and great sportsmen at that. What would you like to say about your Mum's contribution to your rise to the big time?

Have you played at Victoria Park? If so, what were your thoughts bearing in mind that for 114 seasons the greatest players this game has produced trained and played on that ground. If not, and bearing in mind that you will be playing all 25 games next year in the 1s (including the premiership win), on the off chance you play a game in the magoos, will you be looking forward to playing at the home of the Mighties as a VFL player next season?

Keep up the hard work and lets see you out there soon.

Shane
Last edited by die4pies on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"MAKE COLLINGWOOD GRATE AGAIN"
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Hi Brent, good name mate, same as one of my sons ! Now my Brent reckons we CAN win the flag this year, but his old man-me-is a lot more cautious. I personally think we are too young yet to grab the premiership,and that our best chance will be over the next five years or so. I just think the damn Cats are too good for everyone this year,they seem to be on a mission,and the Saints are hot. However,i would LOVE you young Pies to prove me wrong mate, youd make this ol Magpie barracker of over fifty years extremely happy and proud if you young guns can help pull it off. So, if we finish top 4, do you think we can do it,and have we passion to do it-can we pinch a flag this year mate ? Cheers,steve.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Robbo.D.yobbo

Post by Robbo.D.yobbo »

Which one of your team mates has the best looking girlfriend?

Who did you barrack for as a kid?

How where you in junior footy?
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

How's the injury going?

Where do you see yourself playing in the seniors? I know you'll play wherever you get picked but where do you see your best opportunity and where would you like to end up if you had a choice? Small forward; medium sized key forward; on ball; backline?

It must have been a frustrating season so far for you, what have you done differently to keep your spirits up and try to stay in contention for a spot in the seniors come finals time?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

Most Collingwood supporters are die-hard and have a dislike of sides like Carlton and Essendon partly as a result of events that happened decades ago.

As a young player fresh to the club is there a sense of 'traditional' foes and what those games mean to fans? Or is every opponent equal in your eyes?
Akos

Post by Akos »

gday brent. i like your style mate, hard at it and you seem to use your body really well. youve have shown in the VFL you can kick goals and youre a good mark.

obviously youre only young, and so you would want to continue improving all areas of your game, but are there any specific areas of your game that you and the coaches have identified that you really need to work on to make an impact at AFL level? or have they just told you fitness and to keep working on everything in a general sense?

good luck mate
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Which Collingwood player has had the biggest impact on you as a footballer?

Who are you closest too out of the young fellas?
VamPies

Post by VamPies »

G'day Brent,

Who is your non football idol?
What do you tell yourself before each match to help you have a good game?
What is your passion in life besides football?

Cheers
Now that I have found myself, I am no longer lost
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

G'day Brent,

In junior footy did you play in your age group? When did you realize that you had something to offer an AFL club?

Good Luck with the rest of the year mate!

Kaylene
Mich@el

Post by Mich@el »

I picked you up in both Supercoach and Dreamteam as you were having an awesome preseason and Maxwell really rates you as one of our best kids. I've held onto you, even moved on Sidebottom and Beams! I was going to ask if you could please repay the faith, but I'm sure you'll be in the seniors again soon! Goodluck with the rest of your season and keep up the good work.
"Those with the most invested are the last to surrender"