Jackson Paine: On the Move?

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Neil Appleby

Jackson Paine: On the Move?

Post by Neil Appleby »

Question: Is it possible that Collingwood could be looking to move Jackson Paine to another club? What I've seen of Paine leads me to think he doesn't have a future at Collingwood - not big enough, not strong enough overhead, not fast enough and no good when the ball hits the deck - geez, how did Hine pick this guy? :D :D

Paine's right arm/shoulder is now in a sling. Has he had surgery? Paine and his mum were seen deep in conversation with Matt Rendell today at the Westpac Centre.

I know they could have been discussing anything, but it did seem a little strange that his mum was part of the discussions.

Thoughts?
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

I made up my mind earlier in the season that he didn't have a future here and I actually used to be a believer.

He's not tall enough to be a tall and not mobile enough to be a medium, add that on to the fact that he can look a little lost at times and it seems to me that he just doesn't have what it takes to make it.

If Brisbane were interested I'd move him over to them for Karnezis but I don't know how interested they would actually be...
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

I don't believe he's up to AFL standard. I wonder why any other would be interested.

Post by 3.14159 »

We could have shopped him to the Dees.
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

I've got a little feeling he may just prove a lot of people wrong. Don't know why, just have it in my gut. One more year I reckon, just to see if he kicks to the next level. If he can kick 45 in VFL, including some bags of 4 or 5 here and there, and he's only 20
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Same height as Fevola, if the talent is there then that wont stop him making it as a full forward.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

I would give him another year despite those writing him off. He has ability and I reckon Steve Grace working with Dale Tapping will improve his football.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Certainly worth another year. Remember Crameri was a late starter, Paine could still develop.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

If we grab Karnesiz we may trade him. We will know later in the week I guess.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

Cant fit him and cloke in the same team.
Great grab but average kick, a touch slow and not tall enough.
Might be fevs height but not in the same stratosphere
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Magpie Jack

Post by Magpie Jack »

I thought he looked very promising when he made his debut but he doesn't seem to be in the coaches plans.
Bob Rose....the measuring stick of humanity
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Whatever gave you that idea?
Tannin

Re: Jackson Paine: On the Move?

Post by Tannin »

Neil Appleby wrote:Paine and his mum were seen deep in conversation with Matt Rendell today at the Westpac Centre. I know they could have been discussing anything, but it did seem a little strange that his mum was part of the discussions.
Probably nothing in it. But how were her legs? Good beep test? I doubt that we would want to punt on a senior list spot, but we might be planning to rookie-list her on a one-year contract.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
King Malta

Re: Jackson Paine: On the Move?

Post by King Malta »

Tannin wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:Paine and his mum were seen deep in conversation with Matt Rendell today at the Westpac Centre. I know they could have been discussing anything, but it did seem a little strange that his mum was part of the discussions.
Probably nothing in it. But how were her legs? Good beep test? I doubt that we would want to punt on a senior list spot, but we might be planning to rookie-list her on a one-year contract.
I hear she's a bit of alright Tannin, go for it mate!
Big T
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Big T »

Wokko wrote:Same height as Fevola, if the talent is there then that wont stop him making it as a full forward.
He needs to develop a drinking problem and flop his dongle out at every opportunity, then he will be a star.
Buon Giorno