The monsters are growing !

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Darkstranger

The monsters are growing !

Post by Darkstranger »

Our biggest fear GCS & GWS becoming stronger & stronger, I know its only one round but, gee they showed no fear, they look bigger & play a continuous play on brand that will take a lot if fitness to keep up with..

By the end of this round reckon top 8 will all be interstate teams !
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

It's to be expected given all the assistance they've had, all the high draft picks. But it's a long year. One or two injuries can bring everything undone.
Doc63

Re: The Monsters are growing !

Post by Doc63 »

Darkstranger wrote:Our biggest fear GCS & GWS becoming stronger & stronger, I know its only one round but, gee they showed no fear, they look bigger & play a continuous play on brand that will take a lot if fitness to keep up with..

By the end of this round reckon top 8 will all be interstate teams !
They will be the new Brisbane of '01, 02 & '03. I just hope that when they inevitably win multiple flags, they beat traditional Melbourne based clubs (other than us). See how they like it. It was all fun when it was us, but hear the whingeing then.
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Potentially Dimmi's legacy. A period when premierships are won by teams that have little support, teams that live off the efforts of others and teams given that were given unfair advantage.

The recipe for any successful sporting code.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Two all star teams. Their domination will be sickening.
Get back on top.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

I am being the Devil's advocate here...... But it wouldn't be a bad thing for us to collect a ton of high draft picks while these Frankenstein teams dominate. No point being runners up, when we could set ourselves up for a period of dominance once their reign is over.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

The Seedsmeister wrote:.......... No point being runners up, when we could set ourselves up for a period of dominance once their reign is over.
Some of us don't have that long to wait !!!!
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

[quote="Member 7167"]Potentially Dimmi's legacy. A period when premierships are won by teams that have little support, teams that live off the efforts of others and teams given that were given unfair advantage.

The recipe for any successful sporting code.[/quote]

What a crock, so you expect only heavily supported teams to be successful?
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

SteveH67 wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:Potentially Dimmi's legacy. A period when premierships are won by teams that have little support, teams that live off the efforts of others and teams given that were given unfair advantage.

What a crock, so you expect only heavily supported teams to be successful?
I'm pretty sure the afl wouldn't have set these teams up to fail. The best talent in the competition, along with successful and mature recruits and an overly generous salary cap will ensure that they will be successful clubs for many years to come.
blackandwhite4life

Post by blackandwhite4life »

Member 7167 wrote:Potentially Dimmi's legacy. A period when premierships are won by teams that have little support, teams that live off the efforts of others and teams given that were given unfair advantage.

Spot on!

This is just the start. We can only hope that enough players will want to come back to their home states.

Apparently Whitfield is already angling to return....to bloody Hawthorn of course!
Hearing the 'Black & White Army' roar is the greatest sound in the world.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Doc63 wrote:
The Seedsmeister wrote:.......... No point being runners up, when we could set ourselves up for a period of dominance once their reign is over.
Some of us don't have that long to wait !!!!
And even more of us can't be $@&^#, o
It's such bullshit, it's ruining footy
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Oh well...

What can you do?
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

GWS won the res game against the swans also and had 10 top 10 draft picks including Boyd who kicked 4 goals
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

The good news is there'll be plenty of pickings for other clubs to pick off players not getting a regular game who want to move home.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.