#28 Ben Sinclair

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Mugwump

#28 Ben Sinclair

Post by Mugwump »

I think Sinkers was on Ballantyne early, and got towelled up - but as the game progressed, he got better and better. In that last quarter, in particular, he broke lines, tackled hard and even spotted targets well !

Given his interrupted preparation, I thought it was a good performance, and I think this will be the kid's breakout year, injury permitting. It'd help to have l him and Marley Williams both in that backline, as a strong core of pacy, rebounding defenders, but that's another thread...
Two more flags before I die!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Agree wholeheartedly. Well said
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Guts42

Post by Guts42 »

Was going to start a similar thread.... with williams out I guess Sinclair is now our no1 small defender (classifying toovey as medium) he has the courage and determination to go well... if he can play to his capabilities. .. keep it neat... I think he will hold up well.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Guts42 wrote:Was going to start a similar thread.... with williams out I guess Sinclair is now our no1 small defender (classifying toovey as medium) he has the courage and determination to go well... if he can play to his capabilities. .. keep it neat... I think he will hold up well.
Sinclair will play his part, not a problem. Will have a break out season in my view.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Lazza wrote:
Guts42 wrote:Was going to start a similar thread.... with williams out I guess Sinclair is now our no1 small defender (classifying toovey as medium) he has the courage and determination to go well... if he can play to his capabilities. .. keep it neat... I think he will hold up well.
Sinclair will play his part, not a problem. Will have a break out season in my view.
I've always said Sinclair had the tools to make it as an AFL footballer. He's been on the receiving end of some very harsh judgements by supporters from my perspective, reminds me of Johnno in that regard and if he turns out to be that good we'll do okay.

Be nice if Ramsay could do the same if/when he gets his opportunity as I think Clarke might be failing to grab his opportunities as they arise and I'm yet to be convinced Armstrong will make the grade.
watt price tully

Re: Ben Sinclair

Post by watt price tully »

Mugwump wrote:I think Sinkers was on Ballantyne early, and got towelled up - but as the game progressed, he got better and better. In that last quarter, in particular, he broke lines, tackled hard and even spotted targets well !

Given his interrupted preparation, I thought it was a good performance, and I think this will be the kid's breakout year, injury permitting. It'd help to have l him and Marley Williams both in that backline, as a strong core of pacy, rebounding defenders, but that's another thread...
Agreed & he's tough albeit small.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

He's best 22 so long as Marley is out, but ideally he's not in our best 30 players.
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
woftam

Post by woftam »

I think Sinkers is in our best backline regardless of Williams being available or not. The kid has come on well & deserves his spot.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
I've always said Sinclair had the tools to make it as an AFL footballer. He's been on the receiving end of some very harsh judgements by supporters from my perspective, reminds me of Johnno in that regard and if he turns out to be that good we'll do okay.

Be nice if Ramsay could do the same if/when he gets his opportunity as I think Clarke might be failing to grab his opportunities as they arise and I'm yet to be convinced Armstrong will make the grade.
I agree with you regarding Clarke but happy to take a "wait and see" approach regarding Armstrong. However Armstrong really needs to put on some beef if he is to consistently play with the big boys.... :roll:
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Ben Sinclair

Post by piedys »

Mugwump wrote:I think Sinkers was on Ballantyne early, and got towelled up - but as the game progressed, he got better and better. In that last quarter, in particular, he broke lines, tackled hard and even spotted targets well ...
Yep, busted his arse for us, particularly in the final term, long after the overpaid show pony senior players had packed it in for the night.
If he can keep on the park and start spotting-up targets, then look out!

Dyso
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

He was OK on Friday night, can only say that about a handful.

He has speed which is a commodity sadly lacking in our team at the moment.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

woftam wrote:I think Sinkers is in our best backline regardless of Williams being available or not. The kid has come on well & deserves his spot.
Agree. Having both Sinclair and Williams available and playing would be handy.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

DP...
Last edited by jackcass on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperStar Beams

Post by SuperStar Beams »

Sinclair was good for us and moving to him to the backline was the best choice for him. He is best 22 for us even with Williams. I would imagine our back line looking like this
FB: Sinclair Brown Toovey
HB: Williams Keefe Reid/Young/Seedsman

While Williams cant play it will be Young/Seedsman/Reid and Maxwell in those final 2 spots
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

MagpieBat wrote:He's best 22 so long as Marley is out, but ideally he's not in our best 30 players.
I'm with you, unless his disposal improves.
kill for collingwood!