Hird back, Thommo should walk !!

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Hird back, Thommo should walk !!

Post by Piesnchess »

Once again, Essendon have shown they are as weak as cats piss, buckled to Hirds family, and the Golden Boy comes back next season, after a year doing bugger all, on a million bucks, courtesy of Dons fans and members. !

Weak as piss Dons, Little you are just so weak. ! :? :roll:

Thompson, a two time premiership coach, should walk out now, stuff em, hell, if Bucks doesn't work out, I would have him as Pies coach in a heartbeat. ! :idea:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Yeah, no. Probably prefer not to employ any unethical cheats at our club if possible thanks.

Hopefully they'll both have life-bans in a couple of months anyway.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

^ We all know how long that court case and that appeal is going to take. Could be years.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, we want some Bayley!
ThePieMind

Post by ThePieMind »

Thompson according to his own admissions is having a love/hate relationship with his latest coaching stint.

By years end if he wishes to continue then Rich, North and even Carl may all be looking for a new coach.
If I was Eddie I would be sounding him out for roles at the Pies because he may chose not coach but still want to be involved in the game.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

So they basically sack everyone of note at Essendon due to this saga but the man you could say orchestrated the whole affair keeps his job.

He really is golden balls Hird.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Pi

Post by Pi »

The suspended not mentioned by name football club coach are a bit like the family of a not specified convicted drug smuggler: wont admit culpability for a crime while prostituting themselves before the media to make some cash.
Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

mattys123 wrote:Thompson will be coaching North next year.
gold coast in 2016. :wink: "bluey" was given 1 more year on his current contract which will see him out till 2015.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Hey

Post by Hiss »

Lets face it. Hird is innocent. The AFL had their chance to go after him and he stood up to them. They then settled on some time out of the game for him and minor penalties for others. That's the end of it. I find the whole thing very boring now. It is a media beat up. The Essendon Board has met and endorsed Hird as senior coach. That is the end of it. We need to worry more about Collingwood issues instead of this Essendon crap. We will win the flag under Bucks if we stop doubting him and get behind him. Some people on here bag Buckley which is quiet distressing to me. Essendon is irrelevant to us. So lets hear ya!
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

All I can say if this saga was at COLL & it was Buckley everyone here bar one or 2 would stand by Bucks.

So I wouldn't be too hasty in judging the ESS fans.

In any event, who cares what happens down at ESS, we need to concentrate on our own Club...
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

ANNODAM wrote:All I can say if this saga was at COLL & it was Buckley everyone here bar one or 2 would stand by Bucks.

In any event, who cares what happens down at ESS, we need to concentrate on our own Club...
Not so sure about that. Most Collingwood supporters I've spoken to about that would want him gone. I'd want his head on a spike, Eddard Stark style.

The Hird name is royalty at Essendope. They don't care what he does, they will always put him ahead of the club, and he knows it.
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
taff wa

Post by taff wa »

[quote="ANNODAM"]All I can say if this saga was at COLL & it was Buckley everyone here bar one or 2 would stand by Bucks.

In any event, who cares what happens down at ESS, we need to concentrate on our own Club...[/quote]

Standing by bucks, have a read on the collingwood facebook page and the amount of bucks baggers there is astonishing.

They are pathetic with their comparison to mick.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

The Mark Robinson-Hird PR machine know no bounds.

AFL 360 now consists of 15 minutes devoted to Hird/Essendon to kick off the show. Everything that follows is an afterthought.

His article in the Sun today was sanctimonious, biased, selective and just weak.

I'm damn sick of it and rate Robbo's integrity with Craig Thompson's. I don't like Carro or Fatprick Smith that much but compared to Robinson and his hopelessly compromised position they're Woodward and Bernstein.
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

This whole 'Tania' episode has taken the whole farce to a new low. All the tough talk, the board meetings, the suggestion that they may give Hird the flick? All bullshit, a circus played out in public to make it seem that Little and the Essendon board are only concerned about the welfare of the club. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Little put Tania up to the whole thing as an attempted payback for Dimmi.
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

Hird is not innocent. Not by a long way Hiss.
Bummers own review identified the program as irresponsible and put their players recklessly at risk. Hird drove the program more than anyone else.
If it happened under Bucks' watch then he would be long gone.
The club would see to that. If not the media would be on us like a ton of bricks.
Instead we have endured examples like a double page spread in the sunday hun of fawning pictures and words about golden boy cheat with his missus. Where's a bucket to spew in?
Do us a favour ASADA and move him out cos his scummy club haven't got the ticker to do it.
woodsmen rule
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

This topic is clearly about Hird and Essendon.

It's NOT about Thompson's coaching future. Incidentally, his interest factor in coaching any club (after his present stint) would be somewhere below zero.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D