Did I miss something? What has happened to game day threads?

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Did I miss something? What has happened to game day threads?

Post by Raw Hammer »

...for non-Collingwood games?
Est. 2002
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

Looks like the Mods have moved the Non-Collingwood game threads to Nick's Other AFL - http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewforum.php?f=37

The Laugh at Carlscum thread is there as well.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

It was much better having the non pies games thread in the general discussion section.

Go the Pies
Raw Hammer
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Didaksgoal wrote:It was much better having the non pies games thread in the general discussion section.

Go the Pies
Yep. 99.9% look in General Discussion and only GD. But what do I know?
Est. 2002
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

General discussion is the first place people go for footy related matter most look here. Game day should be here and shifted the day after but the Laught at Carlton thread should be here permanently.
Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

Mossi wrote:General discussion is the first place people go for footy related matter most look here. Game day should be here and shifted the day after but the Laught at Carlton thread should be here permanently.
Agreed, Mossi...................I can't see why it has been changed after so many years. Change it back, mods.

Go the Pies
Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

Raw Hammer wrote:
Yep. 99.9% look in General Discussion and only GD. But what do I know?
Apart from the occasional VPT, general discussion it is for me for most of the year.

mods, change it back.

Go the Pies
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

I think there was a reason for the move, but I can't remember it right now. I know a low of "Not Collingwood; Who gives a shit" comments popped up in non Collingwood team discussion.

Maybe keep the 'Dal Santo's wang" type stories in the other section but put game threads in here then move them after. Not sure, but having too many Carlton/Malthouse/Daisy bad breakup threads shitting up general is pretty annoying.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

for god's sake mods change it back.
you are worse than the AFL with stupid changes.
everybody here hates it.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Thought there were some good ideas re forums posted here: http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=73458. Mods, any comment on that thread?
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

My 2 cents worth. I would get rid of the 'Players Forum' at the top of the 'General Discussion' page and replace it with a link to 'Nick's Other AFL' forum. That 'Players Forum' has been idling there for a few years now with very little if any discussion at all. You could probably link back to the 'GD' on the 'Nick's Other AFL' page to keep all AFL and Collingwood related stuff within close reach.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:My 2 cents worth. I would get rid of the 'Players Forum' at the top of the 'General Discussion' page and replace it with a link to 'Nick's Other AFL' forum. That 'Players Forum' has been idling there for a few years now with very little if any discussion at all. You could probably link back to the 'GD' on the 'Nick's Other AFL' page to keep all AFL and Collingwood related stuff within close reach.
best idea by a mile! Well done Frankie
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Point missed.

We moved other AFL topics out of the top section of the index/GD because it didn't qualify under Collingwood Forums.

If you want the Player Forums gone, that's a different matter and your (FGTC) input and further discussion is appreciated and will be considered.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Joel

Post by Joel »

Donny, it's pretty simple. Just call it Football Forums.
Last edited by Joel on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.