The Recruit - Hine passes

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Millane42

The Recruit - Hine passes

Post by Millane42 »

Who watched the finale of The Recruit last night?

So I tipped Johann Wagner to win after episode 2 and it was obvious from the letter he wrote 10 years ago that he would pick Port, but interestingly Collingwood passed at even trying to recruit him via a chance to pitch at the end why collingwood was the right club for him yada yada yada

Anyway does anyone here think Hine might have tried to pitch for Moreland or Foster? Especially as Foster is a 204cm ex Volleyball player which is something the Pies seem to love - a left field recruit from a different sport.
Most of my favourite bands start with "M" - Mars Volta, Mastodon, Megadeth, Metallica, Midnight Oil, Misfits...except King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard ~
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

i think most clubs passed because they had already placed their category b rookies.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I was surprised so many decided to pass on Wagner.

Foster seemed to do a lot better after he copped the spray his game before the final was pretty good.

Moreland had suggested he was fielding some offers from a few clubs, I'd wonder who those were.
Az

Post by Az »

Don't think any persuasion could have gotten him to choose any other club than Port. The club he's supported his whole life who are right in the hunt for a flag, and will be competitive for the next few years.
Millane42

Post by Millane42 »

Az wrote:Don't think any persuasion could have gotten him to choose any other club than Port. The club he's supported his whole life who are right in the hunt for a flag, and will be competitive for the next few years.
yep pretty much agree. Interestingly padhraig Lucey seems to have signed to Geelong for 2 years. How many more will be snapped up?
Most of my favourite bands start with "M" - Mars Volta, Mastodon, Megadeth, Metallica, Midnight Oil, Misfits...except King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard ~
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

John Wren wrote:i think most clubs passed because they had already placed their category b rookies.
We've only filled the 1 Cat B place though JW... unless you know something we dont...
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

We haven't quite worked our way through the Leprechaun List, yet.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:i think most clubs passed because they had already placed their category b rookies.
We've only filled the 1 Cat B place though JW... unless you know something we dont...
nah, thought we were permitted to only one in that category.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Yep, only 3 clubs were eligible. The rest had already filled their one Category B place.
Well done boys!
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Morlo has a reputation for being a pisshead. Didn't do himself any favours breaking curfew.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I say Hine thought it was a Joke
I am Da Man
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

AN_Inkling wrote:^^Yep, only 3 clubs were eligible. The rest had already filled their one Category B place.
I thought you could have 2 or 3 Cat B Rookies?
I am Da Man
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Dave The Man wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:^^Yep, only 3 clubs were eligible. The rest had already filled their one Category B place.
you are right according to this: http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-ex ... ie-players

they can have up to three.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
you are right according to this: http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-ex ... ie-players

they can have up to three.
Eddie said this morning on the radio that most clubs HAVE already filled those spots, they just aren't in position to make it public yet.

he suggested they will have discussions with the AFL for next year to make the Recruit winner a free hit, one on top of the list. Total bonus.

personally, I like the idea.

I thought the program was good and it provided opportunities for several players to showcase their wares. Geelong is apparently going to sign the big irishman and a few others are also in contention for selection. It would be an absolute bonus to see a prospective draftee subjected to all the mental and physical challenges and get feedback on how they act when the guard is down before you decide to buy.

Good concept.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Dave The Man wrote:
You're right, good pickup Dave.

I had seen it reported as 15 clubs having filled their 1 place, but hadn't checked the rules myself.
Well done boys!